Head of Digital Strategy
With a three-decade history and a trusted reputation as the leading source for networking, education, and cutting-edge information exchange for customer experience leaders in the utilities industry, CS Week is undergoing a business model expansion and rebranding to meet the evolving needs of utility executives and customer service professionals year-round. We are seeking a Head of Digital Strategy with experience in strategic content delivery, web management and optimization, and digital project management to support this expansion and ignite new revenue growth.
Reporting to the CEO, managing one direct report and vendor contracts/relationships (with the potential to expand your team in the future), you will work in tandem with the Director of Business Development to set the direction of our strategy for the production and distribution of digital communications and curated training/education content on topics at the cutting edge of utility customer experience. Your challenge will be to ensure our digital products and services provide a modern user experience and unique value for utility professionals and executives.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Create a digital strategy and budget to maximize return on existing and newly designed products and services, ensuring consistent and reliable delivery to the right audiences at the right time. Use data to inform your approach and track progress (audience data analysis/segmentation, user engagement metrics, etc.).
- Monitor trends to determine tools and platforms that can be leveraged for the benefit of the organization. Provide guidance on the best digital solutions to execute the strategy, including a potential website redesign, expanding the capabilities of our app (hosted by Cvent), implementing a CRM system, and more.
- Manage the lifecycle of all digital projects from concept to completion. Hire and oversee staff and/or vendors to operationalize the strategy.
Work Environment, Salary, and Benefits
- You’ll enjoy a primarily remote work environment with travel up to 10% for occasional visits to our greater Dallas area office and the CS Week Conference. We follow core hours from 8 am – 5 pm CST.
- The budgeted salary range for this position is $118K - $124K*. We welcome candidates with more senior-level experience and will increase salary accordingly.
- Our benefits package includes 15 days of vacation (increasing to 20 with tenure), 6 core holidays and 3 flex holidays, health insurance reimbursement/stipend, and a 401(k) with employer contribution.
- You will be joining a collegial and supportive group of colleagues who embrace team-driven decision-making and are eager to help each other succeed.
- Provide leadership for CS Week’s digital communications technologies to integrate with its brand, strategy, and business direction. Prepare an annual tactical plan and budget. Oversee staff/vendors in developing and delivering all digital communications to support the tactical plan.
- Continually assess and optimize the CS Week website to improve usability, design, and content. Ensure ADA compliance/accessibility.
- Develop, track, and report digital communications metrics/KPIs to the Business Development Director, including reporting via Google Analytics.
- Develop data-driven digital content delivery strategies, including audience analysis and segmentation. Maintain brand consistency throughout all digital properties, platforms, feeds, and content.
- Determine the optimal sourcing strategies for digital channels (e.g., conference registration platform, conference attendee app, web, mobile web, curated content platform, live streaming, etc.)
- Manage digital channel implementation projects (internal or vendor-sourced); ensure systems remain current, secure, and supported.
- Ensure CS Week operates within budget for technology projects and ongoing technology operations.
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience in digital strategy management and implementation, market research and analysis, and digital content production and distribution, including experience with internal and vendor-sourced solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a concentration in digital communications, marketing, information technology, or computer science is preferred.
- Experience with web content management systems and best practices for web content management. Expertise with Google Analytics and SEO.
- Staff and vendor management experience and the demonstrated ability to work with peers to develop and execute transformational strategies.
CS Week is the premier annual educational and customer service conference serving electric, gas, and water/wastewater utility professionals across North America and around the world. CS Week provides learning and networking opportunities in support of the utility CX Puzzle: Billing & Payments, Contact Center, Credit & Collections, Digital Engagement, Disruptors, Field Services, and Strategies & Analytics.
Our mission is to advance utility customer service through the delivery of unbiased educational opportunities, forums for networking and sharing of innovative best practices that will advance the customer experience.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position description; we will consider people from a variety of backgrounds and career experiences.
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with “CS Week- Head of Digital Strategy #2023-2791 SA” as the subject of the email.
Please note: The budgeted salary range for this position is $118K - $124K
Job responsiblities are similar to the following positions: Digital Director, Director of Digital Marketing, Head of Digital, Digital Project Manager, Director of Marketing.
Staffing Advisors is committed to reducing bias in every aspect of the hiring process. We have long recommended a competency-driven approach to hiring. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.