Program Coordinator (hybrid)
As a Program Coordinator for Excelencia in Education, you will be responsible for the overall execution of the administrative functions of the Institutional Programs team. At Excelencia, you will be an integral member of the Institutional Programs team, joining a movement to enable higher education institutions to accelerate Latino student success through our programs, Examples of Excelencia, Growing What Works, and the Program for Latino Student Success (P4LSS).
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Programs, you will work closely with a team of four and play a vital role in program operations, keeping everyone informed, organized, and on track to deliver our goals. Acting as the essential connection point between our constituents and the Institutional Programs team, you will be responsible for providing clear and timely information and keeping our team updated on shifting needs and relevant interactions. Additionally, you will leverage your natural ability to see the whole project and keep all the smaller tasks organized, recognizing when the team has overlapping priorities and helping identify potential issues early so they can be addressed as a team.
Launched in 2004 in the nation’s capital, we accelerate Latino student success in higher education by promoting Latino student achievement, conducting analyses to inform educational policies, and advancing institutional practices while collaborating with those committed and ready to close the equity gap in Latino college completion. We are a growing, fast-paced nonprofit organization with a dynamic team deeply committed to its mission and community. We are building a powerful and wide-sweeping movement to accelerate Latino student success in higher education, which in turn addresses the U.S. economy’s need for a highly educated workforce and civic leadership.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Primarily, you will be responsible for the administrative duties associated with our evidence-based practices portfolio and related events that support identifying and scaling efforts that demonstrate a positive impact on Latino student success.
- You will own the documentation of our work, such as debriefs, our team calendar of events, meeting agendas and notes, etc., ensuring timely, accurate communication to constituents and collaborating closely with the team to update timelines and keep everyone informed of changes as they occur.
- You will collect and organize the data from our events, ensuring information is indexed accurately and entered correctly into our databases. Your role in managing the integrity of our data is essential to our success.
Work Environment, Salary, and Benefits
- You’ll enjoy a flexible work environment collaborating twice a week in our Washington, DC, office and working from your home office three days a week.
- The budgeted salary range for this role is $55K - $65K annually, with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; paid annual leave, sick leave, and federal holidays; time off between Christmas and New Year’s; and a retirement plan with employer contribution.
- You will join a high-performing team passionate about accelerating Latino student success in higher education by supporting transformational change at institutions to SERVE (not just enroll) Latino students. Your colleagues are eager to offer help, figure things out together, celebrate our wins, and reflect on our processes.
- Collaborate with team members on the high-quality implementation of our programs. This includes supporting the administrative functions of the annual recognition cycle, updating content across online platforms, and tracking program documentation.
- Coordinate and support webinars, convenings, events, and other types of engagement by supporting the project management of key processes and developing and disseminating forms, communication, and tools to facilitate the delivery of services to practitioners.
- Collect and organize data to inform the evaluation of program activity and engagement.
- Engage with Excelencia’s network of affiliates and constituents to support the organization’s curated programs, events, and activities. This includes coordinating interactions with the Institutional Program Team and providing resources that maintain the organization’s high-touch, trust-building approach.
- Review, draft, edit, and proofread communication to constituents on program opportunities and services.
- Support the refinement of team processes and protocols. This includes reviewing existing tools and resources to determine areas of improvement.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to support the delivery of services with the highest degree of quality and standards.
- Associate degree required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, with 2+ years of related professional experience in an office setting with a proven track record of complex project management and administrative support for a team of three or more.
- Proficiency with technology, particularly Mac computers, Microsoft products, Zoom, Dropbox, and web-based software. Familiarity with Asana or other project management software is a plus.
- Professional communication and relational skills. Able to interact with institutional stakeholders at all levels, graciously recognize their perspectives, and understand how to be a resource to them.
- Team and results-oriented, professional, and committed to high standards of excellence in all deliverables. Able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Professional experience in a higher education setting or similar context and an understanding of Latino students are preferred.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position description; we will consider people from a variety of backgrounds and career experiences.
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume to Lilly Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Excelencia - Program Coordinator #2023-2782 SA” as the subject of the email.
Job responsibilities are similar to the following positions: Program Associate, Project Coordinator, Program Specialist.
Staffing Advisors is committed to reducing bias in every aspect of the hiring process. We have long recommended a competency-driven approach to hiring. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Internally this position is titled: Institutional Programs Coordinator