Senior Oracle Project Management Professional
For more than three decades, our client has supported our nation’s urgent public health efforts by providing vital technical, scientific, and management support services to advance biomedical research and human health. Now more than ever, your Oracle project management skills and expertise are needed to support people working at the forefront of medicine.
As the Senior Oracle Project Management Professional (PMP), you will spend most of your time mentoring other members of the team throughout full-lifecycle enterprise IT projects. As an integral part of the well-established Program Management Office (PMO), you will develop tools and training to guide Federal Project Leads who are managing enterprise IT upgrades and improvements to Oracle Federal Financial Management System (E-Business Suite). You will help project leads plan for each phase of the lifecycle and resolve any challenges encountered. Your efforts will support all project management governance activities in conformance with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC).
While you will initially telework, you will be expected to work onsite at a National Institutes of Health (NIH) office in Bethesda, MD as soon as it is deemed safe to do so. We anticipate that you can be successful within a predictable full-time schedule.
- Mentor and support Federal Project Leads, ensuring compliance with the EPLC.
- Review functional and technical contractor deliverables and provide feedback on accuracy and quality.
- Design, develop, and maintain tools that support projects (e.g., Work Request Tool, Project Classification Tool, Project Process Agreement, risk management, lessons learned, SOPs, policy documents, templates, checklists).
- Provide guidance in the development of project schedules to ensure alignment with governance guidelines.
- Analyze project requirements against program requirements to evaluate project governance needs and determine the best project delivery methodology.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of project performance against project delivery methodologies to improve project delivery standardization, quality, and efficiency.
- Analyze project schedules throughout the project lifecycle to identify impacts and concerns and facilitate escalation to leadership.
- Facilitate the Risk Management Program.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders and business owners.
- Update assigned program practices to define new or improve existing business processes and governance policies.
- Work with Federal Project Leads and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program activity leads to continually assess impacts of projects and O&M activities.
- Develop reports and other documents.
- Streamline, document, and institutionalize processes to maximize consistency, efficiency, and compliance in project execution.
- Bachelor degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (must be current).
- 8 years of experience managing large-scale Enterprise Resource Planning projects (e.g., Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft) with some use of Waterfall methodology.
- 5 years of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite Financial Management.
- Experience developing and managing resource-loaded integrated project schedules to manage interdependencies.
- Experience developing SOPs for project management processes and procedures.
- Experience delivering one-on-one training and/or mentoring to junior project managers.
- Experience in a Federal Government environment working with Oracle U.S. Federal Financials modules (Release 11 or higher).
- Agile Scrum certification.
- SharePoint development or maintenance expertise.
- Expert use of Microsoft Project 2013 and Project Server 2013.
- Organization change management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the change control process.
- Technical expertise in systems architecture, enterprise-wide information systems, and cloud and enterprise IT infrastructure services.
- Database administration experience.
- Experience in an O&M environment.
- Experience leading quality assurance efforts.
- Software development experience.
- Working knowledge of the HHS EPLC methodology.
- Analytical. You make critical assessments, identify and frame problems, and set priorities. You think about what a process should be, evaluate the options, and implement solutions.
- Coach. Your communication skills provide you with the ability to train others, making information and procedures easy to comprehend. You have experience mentoring and developing staff at all professional levels.
- Leader. You respectfully listen to and learn from others, collaborate on projects, and communicate results. You have the ability and experience to bring about change.
- Project manager. You identify and analyze needs and implement procedures that enhance productivity. You juggle multiple projects and tasks, allocate and optimize resources, reduce risks, manage timelines, and get the work done.
- Service-oriented. You cooperate easily with staff, vendors, and clients working as a positive team player.
- Flexible. You are comfortable working in a fluid environment and adjusting both day-to-day and larger-scale activities based on new information and situations.
- Collaborative. You seek first to understand then to be understood. You do not try to force the agenda. You use influence rather than authority to achieve goals.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
Our client offers:
- Proven success: decades-long, high-value relationships with NIH and other premier research organizations.
- Stability: financially healthy with secure long-term contracts.
- Culture: encouraging a healthy work/life balance with a predictable 40-hour work week.
- Benefits: competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and the chance to work alongside a team of highly accomplished professionals, as well as free parking at the NIH satellite office.
Simply email your resume to Karin Carter at email@example.com with “Senior Oracle PMP #2021-2618 SA” as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Please note: our practice is to not disclose the salary ranges our clients would consider. Any salary information included in this posting was estimated without our input.
Staffing Advisors is committed to reducing bias in every aspect of the hiring process. We have long recommended an evidence-based approach to hiring. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. You can learn more about our actions on our blog.