Vice President of Finance and Accounting
As the Vice President of Finance and Accounting at Computercraft, you will report to the President and CEO, supervise a part-time accountant, and manage the strategy and day-to-day accounting and finance functions. You will have a seat at the table as a valued thought partner, supporting and advising on growth-related activities.
Established in 1981, Computercraft has nurtured and developed successful, decades-long, high-value relationships with our nation’s premier research organizations. We provide technical, scientific, and management support services to advance biomedical research and human health. We build and refine high-profile information resources that get accurate health and biomedical research data into the hands of researchers and other stakeholders all over the globe, helping them solve our world’s greatest health challenges. Through our other services, such as program management office support, we facilitate and sustain our nation’s public health efforts.
- Develop financial strategies linked to business objectives throughout the company.
- Create a culture of accountability, efficiency, transparency, and collaboration within the accounting team.
- Ensure operational efficiency through financial strategy, forecasting, annual and multi-year budgeting, capital expenditure execution, audit compliance, contracts management, banking and related debt agreements, cash flow management, and internal controls.
- Assist in requirements definition and implementation of new enterprise accounting software.
- Implement operational improvements to financial and business processes.
- Establish frequent engagement with corporate and contract staff and their teams, including collaboration with sibling company staff.
- Assist in the development of best practices and policies.
- Manage semi-monthly payroll (not responsible for running payroll).
- Prepare monthly invoices.
- Prepare the budget and forecast.
- Assist in pricing and rate calculations for government contracts.
- Close monthly books including preparation of monthly financial statements and budget comparisons.
- Prepare supporting documentation for tax returns and the annual audit.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly GSA submission requirements.
- Other ad hoc analysis as needed.
- B.S. in accounting or finance with 10-15 years of accounting experience in a government contractor company.
- Knowledge of government procurement regulations, indirect rate structures, GSA schedules, and government-approved accounting systems.
- Experience working with government contracts, indirect rates, T&M/FFP billing, A/R, A/P, payroll, and monthly close processes.
- Detail-oriented. You set the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations. You are impeccable with your word and you hold others accountable to their commitments.
- Proactive. You take initiative, think ahead, anticipate challenges, and skillfully manage numerous commitments and competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Analytical. You have incisive analytical skills and make strong critical assessments. You go beyond giving us the numbers and tell us how to apply the data to produce the desired results.
- Excellent customer service attitude. You cooperate easily with staff, vendors, and clients working as a positive team player.
- Flexible. You adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a small business environment.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We are financially healthy, with secure, long-term contracts.
- Our culture encourages a healthy work/life balance.
- You will be an integral member of the leadership team, ensuring that financial performance and the financial integrity of the company is sustained as we grow.
- We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and the chance to work alongside a team of highly accomplished professionals.
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with “Computercraft – VP of Finance and Accounting #2020-2593 SA” as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Alternative titles: Director of Accounting, Controller, Finance and Accounting Director.
Please note: our practice is to not disclose the salary ranges our clients would consider. Any salary information included in this posting was estimated without our input.
Staffing Advisors is committed to reducing bias in every aspect of the hiring process. We have long recommended an evidence-based approach to hiring. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. You can learn more about our actions on our blog.