As the Communications Manager, you will support and facilitate Excelencia in Education’s strategic communications plan to strengthen and build awareness of Excelencia’s mission – accelerating Latino student success in higher education by promoting Latino student achievement, conducting analyses to inform educational policies, and advancing institutional practices while collaborating with organizations who are committed and ready to close the equity gap in Latino college completion. This includes our work internally supporting publications, programs, and media tracking, and externally with social media and marketing. You will promote Excelencia’s existing body of work and take a structured and phased approach to expanding your responsibility over time in coordination with the communications team.
Excelencia’s communications reach an audience of over 18,000 people through the regular release of research, policy briefs and newsletters, a growing social media presence, a full complement of materials related to programming, and the hosting of national, regional, and institutional events for a target audience of policy and higher education leaders and practitioners. Additionally, the communications work will advance our recently launched Seal of Excelencia, a voluntary certification program to foster institutional change to close equity gaps and significantly increase Latino student college completion.
Founded in 2004, Excelencia is building a network of results-oriented educators and policymakers to address the U.S. economy’s need for a highly educated workforce and engaged civic leadership. Excelencia is a growing, fast-paced nonprofit organization with a small and dynamic team deeply committed to its mission.
Responsibilities of the Communications Manager
- Gain a deep understanding of the Excelencia voice, position, and body of research. Embody this voice and apply this understanding to all communications.
- Communicate complex information in an accessible way and support issues-based campaigns and policy/advocacy efforts for Latino student success.
- Understand Excelencia’s approach to communications. Identify, document, and manage existing processes.
- Strengthen Excelencia’s brand for internal consistency and external recognition.
- Coordinate and expand social media strategy to complement communications.
- Improve coordination and methods of communications strategy among all programs.
- Develop and manage communication plans and timelines for the release of all publications, materials, and announcements.
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop and implement a dynamic communications plan across all platforms.
- Coordinate with program, policy, and research staff across the organization to help refine language and frame messaging for materials and publications.
- Partner with the digital manager, as part of the communications team, to enhance website content, structure, and language, and the curation of archival content.
- Manage marketing efforts for all major events. Partner with colleagues on programmatic, regional, and institutional events. Contribute to event planning.
- Identify, segment, and engage current and new audiences for action through the implementation of a strategic digital outreach plan. Analyze and track results and propose improvements rooted in metrics.
- Facilitate with the communications team the engagement of external consultants with expertise in press/media outreach, writing/editing, graphic design, and digital design and strategy.
Qualifications of the Communications Manager
- Demonstrated skill in written and digital communications.
- Experience in facilitating communications, preparation of messages, media strategy and outreach, social media, and publications preferred.
- Experience interacting and collaborating with a variety of program, media, and institutional stakeholders.
- Proficiency with technology, particularly Microsoft products, Mac platforms, and related tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related area.
What’s Attractive to the Right Communications Manager Candidate?
- Our mission. We are building a powerful and wide-sweeping movement to accelerate Latino student success in higher education, which in turn addresses the U.S. economy’s need for a highly-educated workforce and civic leadership.
- Right away, you will play a key role in the update of Excelencia’s communications plan.
- Your work will have visibility with funders, educational institutions, community leaders, and leaders in federal, state, and local government.
- We offer a competitive compensation plan that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; paid leave, sick leave, and federal holidays; 403(b) plan; and more.
Attributes for Success of the Communications Manager
- Curious. You like learning new things and collecting and sharing information. You ask questions, listen, and learn.
- Organized. You bring order to competing priorities and keep things running smoothly. You have command of both the process and the details. You get it done right the first time.
- Polished communicator. You understand the importance of tone and how to communicate clearly, whether it’s in an email, over the phone, or face-to-face. Your writing, speaking, and presentation skills are excellent.
- Project manager. You can juggle multiple tasks, allocate and optimize resources, and manage timelines. You enjoy creating and implementing processes and procedures that uphold rigorous standards.
- Collaborative. You work well through others to clarify needs, build consensus, identify trends, and gather support for action.
- Team player. You thrive in a team environment yet work well independently. You carry your weight, learning from others and contributing in equal measure.
To Apply for the Communications Manager position:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Excelencia in Education – Communications Manager #2019-2494 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Communications Specialist, Sr. Communications Specialist.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.