Program Coordinator - AAHC
As our Program Coordinator, you will support our domestic and international members – clinical doctors, Ph.D.’s, senior leaders, and CEO’s of leading research institutions – in managing the core programs and services AAHC/I offers. You will help track and manage deadlines, coordinate internal and external meetings, track and gather data and research, assist with volunteer committees, and, as needed, help develop written reports, agendas, and other related program materials. You will assist with the coordination and logistics management of meetings and provide speaker contact and support. You will support new and existing members, as well as assist with the management of social media. This role requires extensive contact with senior leadership and will allow you to develop your project coordination skills, take on additional responsibilities, build your expertise, and grow your career.
Founded in 1969, the Association of Academic Health Centers (AAHC) is a nonprofit organization that advances health and well-being through the vigorous leadership of academic health centers. AAHC strives to achieve this by enhancing the ability of its members to educate the next generation of health professionals, conduct biomedical research, and provide patient care. AAHC believes that improving the health and well-being of the communities that our members serve depends on the continuous advancement, alignment, and optimization of each element of this three-part mission.
At AAHC, we represent the interests of 90 U.S. academic health centers. Our international subsidiary, AAHC International™ (founded in 2008), represents more than 40 international academic health centers (and is poised for continued, substantial growth in the next 3 to 5 years). With a combined annual budget of approximately $4 million and a staff of 13, AAHC/ AAHCI is financially strong and growing.
Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator
- Support the director of international programs, working collaboratively with other program staff. Ensure the smooth coordination of member activities, including programs, meetings, communications, and marketing. Work directly with directors to research and learn the pertinent issues impacting academic health centers (in the U.S. and in targeted countries and regions); keep abreast of members’ ongoing needs and concerns; promote member recruitment and retention initiatives; inform and educate current and prospective members regarding AAHC’s and AAHCI’s value proposition; increase AAHC and AAHCI visibility to its members and, ultimately, increase member engagement.
- Assist with the coordination of meetings and member programs; research and contact speakers (with guidance from program and senior staff), coordinate logistics, manage marketing and promotional efforts, and respond to requests and questions from internal staff and members. Draft documents, conduct internet research, create meeting minutes and reports, liaise with other departments, and serve as on-site staff during meetings. Assist with the content, tracking, and management of social media.
- Respond to emails and be the first point of contact for questions/issues as they arise.
- Work closely with departments across AAHC (including Communications, Marketing and Membership, Programs, and executive leadership).
- Work with colleagues to ensure the timely delivery of projects, including advising colleagues of pending items. Assist with the completion of pending task items (e.g., research, member communications, reports, white papers).
- Assist with the development of information needed to support key messages. As assigned, develop written materials per task.
- Assist with the coordination and integration of AAHCI and AAHC programs and networks.
- Assist with the development and/or review of existing templates and written materials. Work with colleagues to ensure consistent formatting and branding presentation across all materials.
Qualifications of the Program Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years of project coordination experience, including experience working directly with or in support of senior or executive-level staff, external partners, and vendors.
- Technologically savvy. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, savvy using social media platforms (Twitter/Hootsuite/Facebook, etc.), and experienced creating and managing project management timelines, spreadsheets, and calendars.
- Experience within a membership/trade association desirable. The ideal candidate will have experience working in, or an interest in, an academic or healthcare arena.
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment. When in doubt, able to research solutions and/or comfortable asking questions to ensure the best outcomes. Strong commitment to teamwork while looking to increase responsibilities and level of autonomy in a team-based environment.
- Ability to contribute effectively within a cross-functional team environment.
- International experience or experience working with international members is desirable.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (will vary, possibly up to 15 percent of the time depending on growth in the position over time).
Attributes of the Program Coordinator
- Strong project coordinator. You are skilled at and enjoy juggling multiple tasks and managing timelines. You manage a task from start to finish and keep everyone appropriately informed.
- Confident and pleasant. You know what you need from others, you are comfortable asking for help, you are clear about what others can expect from you, and you are able to keep things running on time.
- Great communicator. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are poised, tactful, and diplomatic.
- Flexible. You easily shift gears and reprioritize as needed. You confidently engage with staff and members at all levels, as well as across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Reliable and dependable. You have a strong work ethic and are highly productive.
- Service-driven. You value working in a cohesive team environment where everyone works hard and is accountable. You set the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Detail oriented. You understand how the details relate to the overall mission of the organization while not losing sight of the big picture.
- Organized. Your attention to detail is supported by your organization skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Curious. You have a curious mind and enjoy learning new things.
- Service-oriented. You are committed to developing and protecting your organization’s brand, image, and reputation.
What’s Attractive to the Right Program Coordinator Candidate?
- You will work with a supportive, respectful, collegial team of passionate and committed colleagues. AAHC has a collaborative culture where ideas are welcomed. We have a high degree of communication, trust, and mutual respect among employees.
- You will work a predictable schedule during regular business hours with minimal overtime.
- This position is yours to build, develop, and grow. You will have the opportunity to take on additional responsibility and advance within the organization.
- You will be exposed to a variety of projects across AAHC and you will have a significant impact on our current and future success.
- AAHC has a highly collaborative culture and we work closely to achieve our goals. Colleagues are a team of bright, driven, and talented individuals, serving an engaged and appreciative membership.
- With an ever-changing landscape in the healthcare industry, your work will ultimately keep our members informed and connected to current resources that will better enable them to make important business decisions, share vital resources with each other, and keep up with healthcare trends across the world.
- AAHC has strong, stable leadership, is financially healthy, and offers a highly competitive benefits package.
To Apply for the position of Program Coordinator
Use the Apply button on this page or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at resumes@StaffingAdvisors.com with “AAHC – Program Coordinator #2019-2450 SA” as the subject line. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Alternate titles: Program Coordinator.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.