Program Coordinator (Entry Level) - SCAI
This newly created role as Program Coordinator is an excellent career stepping stone into a medical society which is strong and growing. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Education, Publications and Quality, you will provide overall support to the department while gaining exposure to three important areas of our organization. You will hone your skills in education, publications and quality – allowing you room to progress where you excel. In this position, no two days are alike and you will grow and succeed along with us.
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) is a leading medical society for interventional cardiology professionals. SCAI has experienced tremendous growth over the past 10 years and today represents more than 5,000 members across 80 countries. Interventional cardiology is a tremendously interesting, important, and constantly changing field where you will be working with world premier experts.
In this role, you will coordinate committee and clinical interest council calls and activities, and coordinate the development of key products across a portfolio, including live and online CME-certified educational activities, clinical documents, and quality improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Program Coordinator
Committee, Council, and Planning Group Coordination
- Assist the EPQ Team in management of committees, clinical interest councils, and content planning groups by maintaining rosters and disclosure reports, scheduling calls, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, and tracking action items for follow up.
- Follow SCAI CME procedures to collect and maintain essential paperwork for ACCME-accreditation requirements.
- Create evaluations and certificate templates for educational activities, analyze outcomes, and prepare reports for sponsor committees and commercial supporters.
- Invite members and other experts to serve as contributors to the planning and development of SCAI programs, including faculty for courses and manuscript authors and reviewers.
- Manage the payment of honoraria and reimbursement of travel expenses for subject matter experts.
Multimedia Content Development and Publishing
- Assist with the production of multimedia materials for the SCAI learning management system (LMS) or content management system (CMS), testing, monitoring and preparing performance reports, and collaborating with colleagues in Marketing and Communications to drive learner engagement.
- Follow SCAI clinical document methodology and policies.
- Assist writing groups with adherence to internal and external processes and standards; prepare manuscripts for peer review, organization approval, and publication, including version control, formatting, and reference management.
EPQ Team Customer Service
- Handle telephone and email inquiries primarily related to CME and MOC claims. Generate CME and participation certificates for all education activities for physicians, nurses, techs, and others.
- Answer customers directly when possible and redirect to the appropriate departments as appropriate.
Desired Qualifications of the Program Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-5 years’ experience, preferably in an educational, medical, or public health-related organization.
- Strong MS Office proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software tools such as EndNote.
- Experience in a nonprofit and/or association is a plus.
- Experience with content and learning management software preferable.
- Knowledge of general medical and regulatory terminology a plus.
- Interest in and/or knowledge of adult and continuing education theory. Continuing Medical Education experience highly desirable.
Attributes of the Program Coordinator
- Project manager. You are able to juggle multiple tasks, allocate and optimize resources, and manage timelines. You enjoy creating and implementing processes and procedures that uphold rigorous standards. You manage a task from start to finish.
- Exceptional communicator. You are known for your poise, tact, and diplomacy. You are able to confidently engage at all levels and across multiple stakeholder groups. You collaborate on projects and communicate results, and you are willing to listen and learn from others.
- Detail oriented. Even though you are detail oriented, you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of the organization.
- Organization skills. Your attention to detail is supported by your organization skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Flexible and capable. You manage changing priorities without difficulty and get the job done. You do whatever it takes.
- Problem solver. You have excellent critical thinking skills, dive into the details, and know when and what questions to ask.
- Resourceful with great follow through. Whether it’s something that requires a quick turn-around or a long-term project with many steps, you take full responsibility from start to finish. When you say you’ll get back with someone, you do.
- Service-driven. You set the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations. You are responsive and committed. You are clear, tactful, and diplomatic about what’s realistic and what’s possible.
What’s Attractive to the Right Program Coordinator Candidate?
- SCAI is an exciting and busy environment where you will learn and grow your career.
- SCAI’s staff are smart, collaborative, energetic, hard-working people who are committed to their work and delivering a solid work product.
- You will work with a committed and caring volunteer base of cardiologists who enjoy getting into the details.
- SCAI offices are in the heart of D.C. with access to train and metro.
- We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.
To Apply for the Program Coordinator position:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org with “SCAI – Program Coordinator #2019-2448 SA” as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Alternative Titles: Publications Coordinator, Education Coordinator, Quality Coordinator.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.