Senior Membership Manager - MCCA
As the Senior Membership Manager, you will be the point of contact for our almost 200 member organizations, interacting with them routinely to renew memberships and improve member offerings to ensure satisfaction. Success will be driven by your ability to both engage with existing members and cultivate relationships with new prospects. There is potential for our membership to double within the next few years; we will rely on you to proactively approach target member organizations (Fortune 1000 companies and 200 top law firms), share our value proposition, and engage them as members.
In addition to managing day to day membership functions, you will assist in the design and implementation of our new member database, Salesforce, to ensure that the implementation goes smoothly. You will be the liaison to our vendor ensuring requirements and deadlines are met, knowing when to escalate any issues.
The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) was founded in 1997 to advocate for the expanded hiring, retention, and promotion of diverse attorneys in corporate law departments and the law firms that serve them. Through the collection and dissemination of information about diversity in the legal profession, MCCA takes an inclusive approach to the definition of “diversity.” Our research addresses issues of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and generational differences which impact the legal profession’s workforce.
Responsibilities of the Senior Membership Manager
- Manage membership renewal and all aspects of the membership invoice process, as well as, member onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Serve as Membership’s point of contact and respond to all member and nonmember inquiries in a timely manner.
- Implement strategies for renewing annual support of current members and sponsors, including management of member/sponsor communications and promotional materials.
- Disseminate marketing materials to potential members and sponsors for membership recruitment.
- Assist the Director of Membership Engagement and partner with the events and marketing teams to create sponsorship strategies, sponsor outreach, and secure financial support for all MCCA events.
- Monitor industry news and prospective member lists to identify opportunities for engagement. Conduct presentations to promote MCCA’s value to prospective members.
- Manage the membership database (currently in transition from CitySoft to Salesforce) to ensure the accuracy of member records and reports while maintaining overall data integrity.
- Analyze membership data and identify trends and opportunities within the membership. This may include analysis of member retention/attrition rates and other similar metrics.
- Track and maintain member participation and engagement statistics by creating reports and spreadsheets that clearly illustrate member involvement in MCCA.
- Represent MCCA at professional networking events and manage exhibit booth at conferences.
Qualifications of the Senior Membership Manager
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Five or more years of experience in membership or similar customer-service oriented role.
- Adept at using membership database systems, including the ability to analyze and utilize the data and metrics; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Attributes of the Senior Membership Manager
- Engaging. You are respectful of all and you easily build confidence at all levels. You are impeccable with your word and consistent with your follow through. You are effective at actively listening to others to understand their needs. You exude confidence and poise.
- Excellent communicator. You understand the importance of tone and how to communicate clearly whether by email, over the phone, or face to face.
- Curious. You are intellectually curious; you enjoy learning and like to understand issues.
- Analytical. You are comfortable in the data. You notice trends and ask why.
- Proactive. A self-starter, you recognize and seek out opportunities, anticipate issues, and address them proactively by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Service-driven. Along with a keen ability to relate to members and help them translate their needs into products/services, you have a strong enthusiasm for customer service – both internally with colleagues and externally with member prospects and stakeholders.
What’s Attractive to the Right Senior Membership Manager Candidate?
- This role is yours to build. You will play an active role in the design of our new database, examining what is working and how we can improve our return on investment.
- The opportunities are endless. With a large number of potential member organizations, you can make a big impact here.
- We have a strong staff who are dependable, passionate about our mission, welcoming, and willing to work together. At MCCA, you will have the resources you need to succeed.
- Our culture encourages a healthy work/life balance. You will be able to leave work at work and will not be required to be “on-call” once you leave the office.
- This role will broaden your horizons. Working at MCCA will give you the opportunity to interact with elite partners of law firms and general counsel of Fortune 500 companies.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits to include medical and dental insurance, transportation allowance, 15 days paid vacation, holidays, short-term and long-term insurance, and more.
To Apply for the Senior Membership Manager position:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with “MCCA – Senior Membership Manager #2019-2439 SA” as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email, and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Alternative Titles: Membership Manager, senior membership specialist, Sr manager of membership, membership and development manager.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.