Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales - CMAA
As the Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales, you will serve as the primary point of contact for marketing and sponsorship activities in support of all association activities with emphasis on membership, conferences, and professional development programs. This includes representing the association at trade shows and conferences hosted by related professional organizations.
Reporting to the Vice President, Member Engagement, you will generate additional revenue and grow CMAA’s sponsorship program and trade show exhibit floor by finding new markets for our vendor community. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for all membership growth and sales generation for the association.
This is an outstanding opportunity to broaden your experience, bring in new ideas, and be involved in all facets related to sponsorship, exhibit and advertising sales.
The Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) has nearly 16,000 members which include individual construction management practitioners, corporate members, and construction owners in the public and private sectors, along with academic and associate members. CMAA also has 29 regional chapters and student chapters at colleges and universities across the country. Our mission is to promote the profession of construction management and the use of qualified construction managers on capital projects and programs.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales
- Plan and implement marketing activities to ensure goals are accomplished on time and deadlines are met.
- Direct marketing efforts for all association product lines, including outreach to new market segments and creative direction.
- Serve as primary contact for sponsorship and exhibit sales for all CMAA programs, products, services, and events.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, for major association revenue generators including sponsorship revenue for all CMAA meetings, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Ensure sponsorship agreements are current and executed in a timely manner and in keeping with CMAA policies on invoices, billing, and receivables.
- Review and evaluate sponsor websites for accuracy of content and brand consistency.
- Maintain accurate roster of all sponsor liaisons and points of contact.
- Assess and coordinate chapters’ membership marketing activities with CMAA national activities in order to avoid gaps and overlap.
Qualifications of the Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or liberal arts; or combination of post-secondary education and professional experience.
- Five years’ experience in marketing or sales for professional society or trade association.
- Ability to travel as needed up to 40% of the time.
- Knowledge of best practices in association marketing.
- Knowledge of best practices in association sponsorship programs.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Research, analysis, and evaluation skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Association Executive credential (earned or in progress), preferred.
Attributes of the Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales
- Adaptable. You anticipate and respond to change in a fast-paced environment. You are always thinking of more productive ways to achieve better results.
- Business acumen. You have successfully structured programs to generate revenue.
- Collaborative. You are able to work across departments to get the results and support you need while maintaining relationships. You share information and work cooperatively at all levels.
- Effective communicator. You possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, communicate effectively with staff and partners, and have a confident and engaging presentation style.
- Creative. You understand the big picture and seize opportunities as they arise. You’re intellectually curious and a strong consensus builder. You are consistently identifying new ways to make things better.
- Flexible. Your flexibility allows you to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Great listener. You take the time to learn what is valuable and important to others. You confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations.
- Relationship builder. You share your insights, seek out other opinions, and listen to the needs and concerns of others. You build trust and buy-in and dedicate time to building successful and effective relationships.
- Service driven. You work as a positive team player. You maintain a service-oriented attitude and respond in a timely, effective manner to staff and/or member requests.
What’s Attractive to the Right Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales Candidate?
- This is an excellent opportunity to move into a new position and help mold it into what is best for our rapidly growing organization.
- You will enjoy working in a supportive, respectful, and collegial environment.
- You will have a direct impact on making CMAA a success.
- We offer a competitive benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, health and dental coverage, 401k match, and life insurance.
To Apply for the Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales position:
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume and salary requirements to Kim Kistner at email@example.com with “CMAA – Senior Manager of Marketing and Sales #2018-2424 SA” as the subject of the email.
Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email, and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Alternative Titles: Marketing Director, Director of Marketing, Director of Sales, Business Development Director, Director of Exhibit Sales, Director of Membership Sales.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.