Accounts Receivable Assistant – Production Solutions
Are you looking to join a dynamic accounting and finance team! The Accounts Receivable Assistant primary responsibility is the final review and processing of A/R invoices and mailings to clients.
Production Solutions is the industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We are unique in what we do and possess a vast knowledge of direct mail fundraising programs and subscription development programs. During 25 years of serving the nonprofit and commercial sectors, we have refined a production management model that is an industry standard. We have a highly experienced staff, a loyal supplier base, and an incredible depth of knowledge in mailing formats, service techniques, and cost management/savings. At Production Solutions, we’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved and we’re even more excited about our future.
- Reviews, finalizes and distributes PSI client billings and postage reconciliations daily.
- Updates billing status as applicable when finalizing jobs.
- Updates Client Postage Escrow Report weekly
- Assists in reviewing final Billing Status at month-end for closing.
- Assists Accounting Supervisor with A/R Collections as directed.
- Processes ACH postage payments to mailshops.
- Provides credit references per clients’ requests.
- Processes various cash receipts in MAS100.
- Processes weekly postage transfers, as needed.
- Distributes weekly and bi-weekly A/R Aging Reports to clients, as requested
- Performs client maintenance in MAS100 for new and existing clients.
- Maintains ProSIS accounting notes and instructions in Client Information Panel
- Communicate effectively with clients and other employees to resolve invoice processing issues.
- Assist accounting team with monthly closing reports.
- Manage costs effectively, conserve organizational resources, and find productive work to keep busy during slack periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in accounting or business management; 2-4 years accounting/finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Beginner to intermediate level computer skills including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite) and supplemental machinery including printers, scanners, fax machines, and copiers.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Collaborative work-style. This position requires a flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others. You have a proven track record of getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships, both with outside clients and internal staff.
- Excellent communicator. You communicate just as clearly in copy as you do in person – you are concise, accurate, and effective. You have excellent oral, written, and editing skills.
- Inquisitive and willing to take initiative. You like learning new things and like to collect and share information. You also don’t wait for things to happen – you initiate action and make things happen.
- Mission driven. You understand the big picture and can easily translate our objectives into social impact.
- Flexible. You adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Politically astute. In this position, you have many stakeholders with varying goals and needs. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges and constraints each faces.
- Priority management. You switch from long range needs to preparing for scheduled enhancements with ease. You really “get” what is a priority and can independently manage tight deadlines to completion.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- A vibrant and rewarding work environment with a financially strong and growing organization.
- You will be mentored by top-level individuals who will value your opinion and collaborate on strategic decisions.
- You will be a part of an entrepreneurial team and afforded autonomy.
- This is a perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, deadline-driven, optimistic, and flexible individual.
- You’ll work at a great location in Tysons Corner, close to the Tysons Corner Center shopping mall.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work requires correctable vision, depth perception, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate computer terminal, telephone and office equipment for long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to hear and speak English language clearly and concisely for heavy telephone contact.
- Involves frequent contact with staff, clients and the public.
- Work involves frequent change in activities and priorities.
- Occasional overtime required.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, a day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending participation, 401K, and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
You can apply by simply emailing your resume to email@example.com with “PS – Accounts Receivable Assistant / 11 2018” in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates, Production Solutions and PS Digital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.