Human Resources Compliance Director - ServiceSource
In this unique role, you will be working within a sophisticated risk management culture, proactively mitigating risks and ensuring compliance with our obligations and commitments long before problems arise. You will plan, develop, organize, and execute our Human Resources Compliance Program by thoroughly reviewing and monitoring human resource functions, activities, and services against all required and relevant regulations and standards.
Reporting to the vice president of risk management and compliance, you will work in close partnership with your colleagues in human resources to understand their challenges and practices. But instead of providing transactional support within the HR team, your focus will be on developing, communicating, and ensuring compliance with HR policies, processes, and procedures. You will evaluate trends, determine accountabilities, and make recommendations to improve compliance and mitigate HR risks.
With your assistance we will continue to receive exemplary results from our audits, honoring the letter and spirit of our obligations.
ServiceSource is a leading resource for people living with disabilities. With over $130 million in annual revenue and 2,600 employees in 13 states, we have developed a business model that enables us to control our destiny with sustainable recurring revenue that enables us to fund innovative programs. We build more inclusive communities by facilitating services and partnerships that support people living with disabilities, their families, their caregivers, and community members. We have the honor of providing employment, training, rehabilitation, and support services to more than 17,000 individuals annually.
Our proven collaborative approach helps foster a more inclusive and supportive community where individuals with disabilities can succeed and thrive. In all that we do, we recognize that we are a bridge to the community. Our mission-driven culture values:
- Impact: to support and engage people of all abilities
- Building: relationships
- Respect: for individual needs and choices
- Integrity: through stewardship and compliance
- Diversity: of thought and participation
- Growth: through innovation and learning
- Excellence: of purpose and performance
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Compliance Director
Ensure compliance with all human resources-related issues with regard to rules, regulations and applicable laws (approximately 20% of your time):
- Responsible for compliance and conformity with all local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations with respect to human resources with appropriate compliance agencies (e.g., Department of Labor) and legal counsel.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of existing and proposed local, state, and federal laws.
- Maintain HR compliance calendar and documentation of HR compliance activities.
- Partner with the HR team to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal posting requirements.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with HR team members, management, or employees as appropriate.
- Prepare reports on a regular basis and, as directed or requested, keep the Compliance Committee and senior management informed of the operation and progress of HR compliance efforts.
- Manage or participate in special projects/programs requiring compliance stakeholder input.
In collaboration with the human resources function, create, update, and/or eliminate HR policies based on the changing business environment, the external HR environment, and changes in relevant rules, regulations, and applicable laws (approximately 20% of your time):
- Develop short- and long-term strategic and operating plans pertaining to the Human Resource Compliance Section as part of the overall Compliance Program.
- In collaboration with the HR department, routinely review and audit HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- Based on definitions and processes in place in the corporation’s enterprise risk management function, make recommendations for improved compliance based on the changing business environment and the external HR environment to mitigate and potentially eliminate HR-related risks.
- In collaboration with the vice president of risk management and compliance, conduct HR risk assessments to identify risk within the HR function.
- Work with the HR team to create documentation related to internal policy, process, and procedure and update existing documentation where necessary to remain compliant.
Provide technical assistance to the human resources function with respect to managing the Compliance Ethics/Compliance Hotline (approximately 20% of your time):
- Establish and manage a reporting system (Compliance Ethics/Compliance Hotline) for employees to report concerns and obtain assistance in a confidential and non-hostile environment; ensure that all issues are logged, addressed, and, where appropriate, routed to the proper individual/department for further action.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct HR compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Work closely with the vice president, risk management and compliance with regard to any investigations related to complaints from employees and/or violation of company policies, as well as outside legal counsel as necessary.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies regarding investigations and alleged violation resolutions.
Work closely with HR Compensation and Benefits in maintaining compliance with DOL wage and hour requirements (e.g., SLA, FLSA) and IRS and Ability One employee classification requirements (approximately 20% of your time):
- Prepare OFCCP audit submissions and coordinate the process with human resources representatives.
- Manage verification processes on employees and vendors against the OIG-HHS Sanction (Exclusion) List and other government databases, including verification of employment eligibility of direct care staff for states requiring such.
- Work closely with the existing Fiduciary Committee and external resources for managing the Tax Deferred Thrift Plan and Retirement Plan and compliance with all ERISA requirements; continue to improve on tax deferred participation and deferral.
- Manage the development and implementation of the Affirmative Action Program to ensure regulatory compliance including AAP, EEO, and veteran reporting.
- Work with the HR team to ensure the collection and analysis of data to prepare, submit, implement, and track affirmative action plans.
- Act as the main point of contact and work with Internal Audit to review HR audit plans, secure HR documentation, and reconcile gaps and discrepancies.
- Manage HR compliance-related vendors including deliverables, contracts, and payments.
- Represent the Compliance department as the policy subject matter expert in HR compliance.
Deliver training with a focus on human resources compliance issues with the objective to ensure all management and human resources professionals are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent local, state, and federal laws and regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures (approximately 20% of your time):
- Work with the HR team and others as appropriate to develop an effective HR compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees and ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with HR team members, management, or employees as appropriate.
- Develop an ongoing campaign to heighten awareness of HR compliance, as well as to disseminate information and collect feedback.
Qualifications of the Human Resources Compliance Director
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 7-10 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. A directly-related higher degree from an accredited institution may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws.
Attributes of the Human Resources Compliance Director
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in cross-functional teams.
- Results-driven individual with the ability to prioritize actions and projects effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work on diverse problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of multiple factors.
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports for senior management.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Excellent records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of internal and external audit processes and procedures.
- Ability to supervise investigations, analyze information, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to assess training and development needs.
What’s Attractive to the Right Human Resources Compliance Director Candidate?
- You will be able to focus on policy, free from day-to-day transactional HR responsibility.
- You will take a lead role in audits and investigations and high-profile events.
- You will be working in a very sophisticated risk management culture, proactively mitigating risks, ensuring compliance with our commitments long before problems arise, and upholding our exemplary reputation in the community.
- We are on the leading edge of researching and investigating HR policy approaches and you will be integrally involved in the assessment of risks, the setting of policy, training, and ongoing review for managing risk.
- ServiceSource offers a strong benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, wellness programs, commuter FSA accounts, life and AD&D insurance, retirement plans, legal assistance, identity protection services, pet insurance, annual awards program, and generous amounts of paid time off.
To Apply for the Human Resources Compliance Director position with ServiceSource:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Bob Corlett at email@example.com with “ServiceSource ‑ HR Compliance #2018-2413 SA” as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email, and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
Alternative Titles: HR Compliance Manager, HR Compliance Director, Human Resources Compliance Manager, HR Risk Management.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: No or very limited exposure to physical risk. No or very limited physical effort required. Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.