Manager of Programs & Education - WICT
As the Manager of Programs & Education for Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT), you will support the development of all training programs, educational initiatives (including online learning), and conference educational programming.
With guidance from the vice president of educational programs, you will manage the logistics, communications (both internal and with program participants), reporting, and database management for all program offerings. You will work in conjunction with the events team to determine program schedules and other needs to ensure program success. We will rely on you to manage department’s technology needs, including registration and database software, website content management, and online attendee and program management tools.
You will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, speakers, planning committees, staff, and volunteers to ensure WICT programmatic offerings meet the high-quality standards expected by attendees, members, and companies.
WICT’s mission is to create women leaders who transform the cable and telecommunications industry. For nearly 40 years, WICT has partnered with technology companies to help build a more robust pipeline of women leaders. We serve women leaders throughout their careers by providing unparalleled professional development programs, commissioning original gender pay equity research, and supporting a B2B network that helps advance women. Founded in 1979, and now with more than 10,000 members, WICT is the largest and oldest professional association serving women in cable media.
Responsibilities of the Manager of Programs & Education
- Provide administrative support for all training programs, educational initiatives, and conference educational programing, providing seamless customer service.
- Oversee the candidate selection processes for all application-based programs.
- Create and manage multiple project plans at varying stages of completion.
- Execute plans and logistics for each program.
- Manage communications with all stakeholders (internal and external) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Draft meeting minutes and program correspondence.
- Work closely with all staff to ensure project goals are being met.
- Travel (5-10%) to attend some onsite programs.
Qualifications of the Manager of Programs & Education
- 3-5 years of administrative or project management experience. Not-for-profit or association experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or related area and/or equivalent experience and education.
- High comfort level with registration and database software programs, website content management, and online attendee and program management. Experience with collaboration and project management software (e.g., Basecamp).
Attributes of the Manager of Programs & Education
- Great communicator. You are articulate and persuasive with exceptional verbal and writing skills. You get the information you need and convey the right information in a direct and pleasant manner.
- Service oriented. You skillfully manage the smallest of details and exceed expectations. You have unrelentingly high standards. You strive for excellence and can adjust projects and timelines to meet the needs of the current circumstances.
- Detail oriented. You have great attention to detail. You follow a consistent and fair process while considering different nuances.
- Collaborative. You share information and you work cooperatively at all levels. You give respect; you earn yours. You value working in a cohesive team environment where everyone works hard and relies on each other to pull it all together.
- Analytical. You can make critical assessments. You have the proven ability and experience to bring about change. You identify and frame problems and set priorities. You have proven project management skills.
- Diplomatic. You are sensitive to the needs of others, while being realistic about what can be accomplished. You are known for leadership, poise, tact, and diplomacy.
What’s Attractive to the Right Manager of Programs & Education Candidate?
- You will have clear goals and objectives to work with. You will be joining a team that achieves greatness because we work collaboratively and expect greatness.
- WICT’s programs empower women to be more successful in their careers. Your work delivering quality programs through meetings, events, and conferences has the potential to not only impact professional success but personal lives as well.
- WICT serves women throughout their careers, at every career level. The content WICT produces is interesting, beneficial, and relevant to everyone who attends a WICT event or program. WICT creates professional networks that members count on in a fast-changing world.
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; life and personal accident insurance; short- and long-term disability; continuing education and certification reimbursement; paid sick and vacation leave; and a 401(k) with employer-matched contributions.
To Apply for the Manager of Programs & Education position with WICT:
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume to Gina Schurman at firstname.lastname@example.org with “WICT - Manager of Programs & Education #2018-2409 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Senior Manager Programs, Senior Manager of Education, Director of Education
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.