SVP of Education - AAMI
As SVP of Education at the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), you will report directly to the CEO, manage a budget of $5.8 million, lead a team of 7 dedicated professionals, and oversee our entire professional development portfolio. We will rely on you to improve and expand our industry training and certification programs to meet current member and customer needs, applying current and emerging adult learning trends. You will analyze the business needs and market opportunity, then set strategic priorities that are of value. Our members consistently report a high level of satisfaction with our publications, education materials, training, seminars, and certification programs and view us as a go-to resource.
AAMI is a unique alliance of 7,000 members from around the world united by one critical mission: increasing the understanding and beneficial use of healthcare technology. Our community is global and diverse, working in hospitals, medical device companies, academia, accrediting bodies, and government agencies around the world. Our board and leadership are supportive and deeply invested in our education portfolio. We are relocating next month to a newly-built larger onsite conference center to accommodate more attendees.
Your job is to understand how best to tailor our offerings to how our audience likes to learn, providing credentials and education programs that are fresh and relevant to our members’ needs. Industry, healthcare facilities, government agencies, and others rely on AAMI to disseminate high-quality, objective information that helps make technology used in the care and treatment of patients safer and more effective.
Responsibilities of the SVP of Education
- Identify, implement, and maintain a revenue-generating model that sustains the education portfolio over time.
- Prepare and present strategic program plans and budgets to the president and board of directors and other governance committees in all areas of responsibilities.
- Coach, mentor, and lead the staff who will execute on the strategies, including attending to their professional growth and development and performance to goals. Foster an environment of inter-departmental collaboration and true teamwork across departments.
- Actively prepare and participate in helping lead the staff management team as one of the president’s direct reports and a senior member of that team.
- Represent AAMI and serve as an organization ambassador to enhance AAMI's image and stature; recruit new members, build key strategic relationships, and support the value of our education portfolio.
- Develop, administer, grow, measure programs, and refine an overall strategy for achieving AAMI’s mission and strategic goals through learning. Recruit faculty and subject matter experts; oversee branding, positioning, and marketing; implement and manage the Learning Management System (LMS); build and maintain curriculum for membership segments and new stakeholders; develop new programs, products, and services; and incorporate new trends in delivery and learning methods.
- Create and sustain a compelling program and product mix that attracts AAMI’s current diverse audience and community and expand this group as the number of AAMI stakeholders grows. Manage policies and procedures; create marketing and sales plans, including target audience identification, pricing, market research, and analysis; and develop implementation plans for all education programs, publications, products, and services.
- Serve as the primary executive point of contact between AAMI, government agencies, industry, device users, including but not limited to consensus conferences that define and outline options for the resolution of regulatory issues and clinical healthcare technologies.
- Oversee AAMI’s certification programs and policy development bodies, including the International Certification Commission, The U.S. Certification Commission, and the U.S. BMET Board of Examiners. Determine the need for and, when applicable, oversee the development and implementation of proposed new certification programs.
Qualifications of the SVP of Education
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in education, business, association management, learning technologies and training delivery. Master’s degree and above preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in education program development, adult learning concepts, and evaluation of programs. This includes knowledge of certification program management, contract negotiations, committee management, and general business functions, such as supervision of staff, financial management, and marketing.
- Hands-on business development and marketing experience with a successful track record of revenue generation.
- At least ten years of leadership experience. Experience with leading a team, strategic planning, budgeting, financial management, business contracts and transactions, and intellectual property.
- Ability to travel about 10 percent, including internationally.
Attributes of the SVP of Education
- Builder. You are intellectually curious and an excellent sounding board for new ideas. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and are able to create frameworks for analyzing opportunities.
- Results-driven. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and are able to easily shift gears, reprioritize, and stay focused on outcomes. You consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Business-minded. You have successfully structured programs to generate revenue. You are data-driven and able to anticipate, identify, and analyze needs.
- Collaborative. You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level. You share information, work cooperatively, seek out relevant information, decide on the appropriate steps, and achieve the desired results.
- Leader. You are a facilitator and team builder. You have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and developing staff at all professional levels. You work as an integral part of a team that works and wins together.
- Member-focused. Along with a keen ability to relate to members and help them translate their needs into new offerings, you have a strong enthusiasm for customer service.
- Problem solver. You enjoy engaging in thought-provoking business discussions.
What’s Attractive to the Right SVP of Education Candidate?
- Education programming is a priority for the AAMI board, so you will have the tools you need to succeed. We are poised for significant growth and there is no shortage of ideas to advance our programming to meet industry needs.
- This is a high visibility, high impact role where you will have the opportunity to build strong working relationships with a wide array of audiences across the sector – including both corporate and individual members – on a wide array of topic areas.
- Your work will be appreciated and you will be joining a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; 401(k); education reimbursement; 10 paid holidays; 2 weeks of vacation the first year; and more.
- AAMI offers a unique and generous incentive/bonus program whereby a staff member can earn a percentage of his or her salary each year by meeting specific annual goals above and beyond routine job responsibilities.
To Apply for the SVP of Education position with AAMI:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with “AAMI – SVP of Education / 2018-2402 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Chief Learning Officer, VP of Education, SVP of Professional Development, SVP of Global Education.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.