Program Manager – Doha Debates - QFI
Qatar Foundation International (QFI) is supporting the relaunch of the popular Doha Debates. Originally broadcast on the BBC from 2005 to 2012, the Doha Debates provided a compelling and engaging forum for discussing the most controversial and topical issues facing the Middle East region. The new Doha Debates will build on its successful legacy with a relaunch of the franchise through a suite of products to engage younger global audiences including live debate events, social and digital content, podcasts, and a television series. With a focus on the education community, Doha Debates will seek to engage students in the vital issues of the day.
As the Doha Debates Program Officer, you will provide oversight and integration of Doha Debates-related educational outreach and activities. Given the opportunity for expanding QFI’s portfolio of educational activities, you will be heavily engaged in strategic planning and organization development, establishing partnerships, identifying opportunities for outreach, and managing stakeholder relations. You will also be responsible for establishing and disseminating program policies and procedures, and providing feedback on QFI’s grantmaking.
QFI works to engage a global community of diverse learners and educators. We focus on student-centered learning environments that foster a deeper understanding of the Arab world through the teaching of Arabic and Arab society and culture. We partner with primary and secondary schools, universities, multilateral entities, and other philanthropic organizations to ensure that their Arab culture and language programs advance students' understanding of the Arab world. As QFI’s 10th anniversary approaches (2019-20), this is an exciting period of reflection and organizational growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Program Manager, Doha Debates
- Provide program oversight; plan and implement Doha Debates-related educational outreach and activities.
- Identify opportunities and build relationships with universities where QFI could have a meaningful presence and consortiums with which we should partner.
- Leverage current QFI relationships to access educational opportunities to promote Doha Debates activities.
- Create curriculum content to complement Doha Debates products (live debates, social and digital content, podcasts, TV series).
- Perform needs analysis to inform ongoing, iterative product development.
- Identify and leverage educational trends for the university population.
- Manage content generation options and create curriculum.
- Collaborate with professors to develop curriculum content; repurpose existing relevant
- Work with cross-functional teams (consultants, producers, designers etc.) to develop learning projects and curriculum.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- You will be surrounded by people who are committed to making a difference. Our environment is collaborative with vibrancy and momentum and we are continually exploring new opportunities that support the mission.
- You will be afforded an opportunity to help develop an international program with a global audience.
- This is a fairly autonomous role where you’ll have the support you need but won’t be micromanaged.
- We offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package including $7,500 yearly tuition assistance, $250 monthly transportation allowance, up to $5,000 per year professional development allowance, and cell phone reimbursement.
Qualifications of the Program Manager, Doha Debates
- BA/BS required, advanced study or degree preferred.
- Experience creating strategy for program development and implementation.
- Experience creating program budgets.
- Experience administering grants and managing programs with an international focus.
- Ability to position programmatic discussions at strategic and tactical levels.
- Detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and countries.
- Experience with education technology.
- Ability to travel, both domestic and international, required (approximately 25 percent).
Attributes of the Program Manager, Doha Debates
- Results-driven. You see the big picture and the details, monitor your key performance metrics, and take the action necessary to produce results.
- Service-driven and thoughtful. You are self-confident and assertive, approachable, and responsive. You understand and can easily speak to the needs of the mission and the direction of the organization.
- Strong leadership. You will be working with a wide range of staff; this requires a fair and flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others.
- Partnership. You know how to build trust internally and externally. You are viewed as professional, accountable, respectful, and collaborative.
- Detail oriented and organized. You are meticulously attentive to details, get it right the first time, and accurately keep track of all the moving parts. You bring order to competing priorities and keep things running smoothly. You have command of both the process and the details.
- Proactive. You don’t wait for things to happen or to be told to do something – you initiate action and make things happen. You have a keen ability to determine what’s working and what is not, and take action to lead in the right direction.
- Flexible. You skillfully manage numerous daily commitments and competing priorities. You are able to think on the fly, shift gears, and keep commitments in the midst of situations that are sometimes out of your control. You willingly take on a variety of tasks.
- Great communicator. You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You have an exceptional ability to communicate with staff and build confidence at all levels. You get the information you need and convey the right information in a direct and pleasant manner. You understand the nuances of appropriate communication for particular audiences (such as foreign nationals).
- Good judgment. You exercise strong, independent judgment. You typically operate autonomously but also know when to stop and ask questions, seek clarity, or consider the benefits of a different approach.
To Apply for the position of Program Manager, Doha Debates
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Gina Schurman at firstname.lastname@example.org with “QFI – Program Manager Doha Debates #2018-2391 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternate Titles: Program Manager, Program Officer
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.