Office Manager - QFI
As the office manager for Qatar Foundation International (QFI), you will report to the senior director and keep our expanding organization operating smoothly and efficiently. You will be responsible for managing our daily operations, event management, travel coordination, vendor relationships, ordering supplies, providing accounting support, and any other office management related tasks that arise. You will also be the coordinator and point of contact for our IT vendor and equipment suppliers.
Your ability to think ahead will keep things running on time and on track, allowing our operations and programs teams to focus on organizational engagements, knowing that you have the office administration under control. This is a proactive and engaged role where you will be an integral part of our collaborative and inclusive operations team.
Arabic is the fifth most spoken language in the world, not only in the Middle East and North Africa but all over the globe. Over 1 billion people from all different beliefs and cultures speak Arabic. QFI engages a global community of diverse learners and educators, fostering global competency and 21st-century skills through the exploration of the Arabic language and the Arab world's societies and cultures. QFI focuses on student-centered learning environments and operates as both a grant-making organization and a convener of thought leaders on issues related to global and international education, open education, and education technologies.
Responsibilities of the Office Manager
- Assist in training staff members and new hires in office
- Respond to questions and requests for information.
- Help organize and maintain office common areas.
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Maintain office equipment, including computers, copy machines, and fax machines.
- Serve as a vendor point of contact.
- Collect and distribute mail daily.
- Generate memos, emails, and reports when appropriate.
- Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
- Answer incoming calls and assist with guest(s) reception as needed.
- Support the director and manager with special projects and reports on an as-needed
- Assist and update the fixed assets and work with other departments to implement a fixed asset tracking system.
What’s Attractive to the Right Office Manager Candidate?
- Working here you will be surrounded by people who are committed to making a difference. Our environment is collaborative with vibrancy and momentum.
- There are ongoing opportunities to learn new things and expand your knowledge and experience.
- This is a fairly autonomous role where you’ll have the support you need but you won’t be micromanaged.
- We offer a robust compensation package that includes generous paid time off (PTO) and holidays; 100 percent employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents; short- and long-term disability and life insurance; and contributions to a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include tuition reimbursement, professional development reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement, and transportation allowance.
Qualifications of the Office Manager
- 4+ years of office management experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- This position requires a background check due to the highly confidential nature of the position and accessibility to sensitive financial documents and files.
- Limited domestic and international travel required.
Attributes of the Office Manager
- Detail oriented and organized. You are meticulously attentive to details, get it right the first time, and accurately keep track of all the moving parts. You bring order to competing priorities and keep things running smoothly. You have command of both the process and the details.
- Accountable. You are known for how you “get things done.” You are impeccable with your word and consistent with your follow through. You consistently close the loop.
- Proactive. You don’t wait for things to happen or to be told to do something – you initiate action and make things happen. You have the keen ability to determine what’s working and what is not, and take action to lead in the right direction.
- Flexible. You skillfully manage numerous daily commitments and competing priorities. You are able to think on the fly, shift gears, and keep commitments in the midst of situations that are sometimes out of your control. You willingly take on a variety of tasks.
- Autonomous and collaborative. While we work closely together, we trust you to exercise independent judgment, do your job well, and know when to seek guidance from senior staff.
- Great communicator. You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You have an exceptional ability to communicate with staff and build confidence at all levels. You get the information you need and convey the right information in a direct and pleasant manner.
- Service-oriented and a team player. You work as a positive team player. You maintain a service-oriented attitude and respond in a timely, effective manner to staff and/or client requests.
To Apply for the Office Manager position with QFI:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Gina Schurman at email@example.com with “QFI – Office Manager / 2018-2389 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Office Administrator, Office Coordinator, Office Manager, Office Administrative Manager.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.