Staff Accountant - QFI
As the staff accountant for Qatar Foundation International (QFI), you will report to the controller and lead the day-to-day accounting operations for our growing revenue. You will be responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate reporting of monthly billing and closings, monthly and quarterly reporting, payroll, budget variance, expense entries, deposits, audits, and credit card reconciliation. We will rely on you to communicate policies to the staff and act as a resource for managing accounting deadlines and other accounting needs. This is an engaged, hands-on role where you will manage a wide spectrum of accounting needs, making you an integral part of the entire organization.
In addition to working closely with the controller, you will work with our outside accounting firm as we transition to in-house accounting. Because we are a grant-making organization and work with a lot of outside consultants and vendors, you will manage a large volume of accounts payable. With our relaunch of the Doha Debates and continued expansion within the organization, we anticipate our revenue will increase to approximately $30 million over the next one to two years.
Arabic is the fifth most spoken language in the world, not only in the Middle East and North Africa but all over the globe. Over 1 billion people from all different beliefs and cultures speak Arabic. QFI engages a global community of diverse learners and educators, fostering global competency and 21st-century skills through the exploration of the Arabic language and the Arab world's societies and cultures. QFI focuses on student-centered learning environments and operates as both a grant-making organization and a convener of thought leaders on issues related to global and international education, open education, and education technologies.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
- Enter all expense invoices into Intacct, prepare wire transfers, process ACH, and check disbursements.
- Manage the month-end process to include preparing and posting general journal entries.
- Track and maintain records of various revenue and expense accounts.
- Assist with other ongoing functions such as bank reconciliations, preparing deposit slips, providing monthly financial statements and reports, and completing state and local reports.
- Suggest updates for financial policies and procedures and update financial forms as needed.
- Serve as the second reviewer during semi-monthly payroll processing.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Upload grant budgets and grant transactions into the FluidReview grants database.
- Support special projects and reports on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain and update the fixed assets and depreciation worksheet and work with other departments to implement a fixed asset tracking system.
- Assist with expense report review and processing (including credit card expenses).
- Assist with various internal and external audits (including financial audit preparation).
- Complete miscellaneous projects and analyses as requested.
What’s Attractive to the Right Staff Accountant Candidate?
- Working here you will be surrounded by people who are committed to making a difference. Our environment is collaborative with vibrancy and momentum.
- There are ongoing opportunities to learn new things and expand your knowledge and experience.
- This is a fairly autonomous role where you’ll have the support you need but you won’t be micromanaged.
- We offer a robust compensation package that includes generous paid time off (PTO) and holidays; 100 percent employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents; short- and long-term disability and life insurance; and contributions to a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include tuition reimbursement, professional development reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement, and transportation allowance.
Qualifications of the Staff Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree is required in business administration, finance, and/or accounting with a combination of 8 years of work experience or advanced degree.
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a global nonprofit environment.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation.
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and countries.
- Strong familiarity with relevant U.S. government regulations and laws.
Attributes of the Staff Accountant
- Detail oriented. Your impeccable work style sets the standard. You have command of both the process and the details. You get it done right the first time.
- Organized. Your attention to detail is supported by your meticulous organization skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Judgment. While we work closely together, we trust you to exercise independent judgment, do your job well, and know when to escalate potential issues and seek guidance from senior staff.
- Business savvy. You can see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of the organization.
- Flexible and capable. You manage changing priorities without difficulty and get the job done. You do whatever it takes and are consistent with your follow through.
- Problem solver. You dive in without being asked and you work with a sense of urgency. You are approachable, flexible, and responsive.
- Discreet. While you are friendly to all, you divulge nothing confidential to anyone and never give the impression to anyone that you are holding any confidential information.
- Customer oriented. You cooperate easily with staff, vendors, and clients, working as a positive team player. You have a strong enthusiasm for customer service.
- Scrupulous, ethical, and honest. You are beyond reproach in business dealings. Internally and externally, you are known to be reliable, accountable, and trustworthy.
To Apply for the Staff Accountant position with QFI:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Gina Schurman at email@example.com with “QFI – Staff Accountant / 2018-2388 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Accounting Manager, Accountant, Accounting Clerk, Finance and Accounting Manager
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.