Digital Marketing Analyst - NCOA
As the Digital Marketing Analyst you will lead and manage digital advertising campaigns, analytics, and organic and paid search on both a strategic and tactical level. This is an opportunity to take ownership of NCOA’s digital presence across channels, properties and platforms to advance our brand and social impact goals. As the lead, you will establish, track, and report on an organization-wide set of key performance indicators (KPIs) for web, social media, and email metrics. This key role ensures the National Council on Aging (NCOA) is regularly setting and achieving digital goals.
Working collaboratively with NCOA staff at all levels, you will ensure that NCOA’s digital channels are performing at the highest levels and all paid efforts are as effective and efficient as possible. You will lead a monthly meeting to report on progress, including offering actionable insights to optimize digital channels.
NCOA is the national voice for every person’s right to age well. We believe everyone deserves to age with the best possible health and economic security, regardless of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, or background. NCOA empowers individuals with trusted, proven solutions to improve their daily lives, and we protect and strengthen federal programs that people depend on as they age.
Responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Analyst
- Plan, execute, and manage paid digital advertising campaigns for NCOA using Facebook, Google, Bing, YouTube and other marketing platforms.
- Continuously track and optimize all campaigns to ensure NCOA is getting the best results for the money spent.
- Process all paid advertising and vendor invoices.
- Analyze and utilize data to deliver strategic insights for improving NCOA’s websites and digital marketing efforts.
- Define marketing objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and supporting metrics based on NCOA’s social impact objectives.
- Develop measurement plans for all digital marketing channels (email, social media, website, YouTube, NCOA’s future mobile app, SMS channel, acquisition, etc.) and marketing campaigns.
- Create, maintain, and share holistic and meaningful dashboards by pulling data from a variety of sources to enable NCOA to make data-driven decisions.
- Evaluate analytics implementations currently in place and recommend improvements to optimize site interactions and conversions.
- Suggest, create, and execute A/B testing that drives fundamental improvements to the website experience.
- Work collaboratively with communications, marketing, development, design, and content experts to execute, analyze, and optimize digital marketing campaigns and website performance.
- Track and report on key digital trends and how NCOA could leverage them to achieve our objectives.
- Maintain, analyze, and optimize all Google Analytics (GA) accounts for NCOA’s web properties.
- Create and monitor goals, funnels, and conversion tracking based on NCOA’s evolving organizational objectives.
- Establish and monitor engagement metrics across platforms to boost constituent interactions with NCOA related to website usage, online tool completions, email sign-ups, donations, and advocacy actions.
- Recommend website improvements and digital marketing strategies based on GA data to maximize conversions and achieve goals.
- Report regularly to NCOA web teams on key metrics and action steps based on the data.
- Stay current with new advances and changes in digital analytics and the competitive landscape.
Organic & Paid Search
- Maximize and manage NCOA’s Google Ads nonprofit grant, including reporting to Google when needed to maintain the grant at the highest level.
- Supplement NCOA’s grant account with paid campaigns as needed to achieve organizational objectives.
- Manage day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo), including campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Conduct keyword research, review and edit ad creative/copy, review and analyze website performance metrics, and optimize campaigns.
- Grow and optimize a keywords portfolio through testing with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Serve as an in-house specialist on search engine marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO), staying abreast of new technologies in the search and digital space and regularly sharing knowledge with the web, communications, and marketing teams.
What’s Attractive to the Right Digital Marketing Analyst Candidate?
- This is a highly visible role and critical to promotion and growth of NCOA’s programs and resources.
- We offer an intellectually stimulating environment in an organization that works passionately and enthusiastically to fulfill program goals and achieve our overarching mission.
- Your experience, opinions, and expertise are valued – what you bring to the table is vital to our success.
- We offer a competitive compensation plan including incentive and bonus programs based on achieving performance objectives; 3 weeks’ vacation, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave, and holidays; flexible scheduling/telework after meeting the employment and performance requirements; health insurance, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance; contributions to a 403(b) plan.
- NCOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to these principles. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Qualifications of the Digital Marketing Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in digital marketing, business or data analytics, or related field.
- Current SEO certification or Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ).
- 3-5 years of experience in managing an organization’s digital analytics and SEO campaigns.
- Demonstrated success using digital analytics and SEO to increase website traffic, conversions, and rankings.
- Proficient in using analytics tools such as Google Marketing Platform, Google Ads, and Bing Ads.
- Experience with WordPress, Salesforce, Power BI and Pardot a plus.
- Ability to translate data to all levels of staff to help them understand challenges and opportunities and achieve organizational objectives.
Attributes of the Digital Marketing Analyst
- Great communicator. You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level. You have excellent oral and written communication.
- Collaborative work style. You have a collaborative work style and are able to work across departments to get the results and support you need while maintaining relationships.
- Mission-driven. You understand the big picture and can easily see how your work translates into social impact. You are passionate about NCOA’s mission, the issues we care about, and the people we serve.
- Adaptable. You are able to anticipate and respond to change in a fast-paced environment on a daily basis. You demonstrate a willingness to learn new ways of approaching your work to achieve better results.
- Autonomous. Although we stay in close communication with each other, we do not micromanage. We trust you to do your job well without close supervision.
- Creative. You understand the big picture and seize opportunities as they arise. You are intellectually curious and a strong consensus builder; you consistently identify new ways to make things better.
- Detail oriented. You have command of both the process and the details. You are known for your accuracy and you get it done right the first time. You go beyond knowing what needs to be done, but also understand why it needs to be done.
- Listener. You solicit input, listen to what is being said, share information when appropriate, and welcome and respect divergent points of view.
- Priority management. You switch from long-range needs to crisis-of-the-moment with agility and ease. You really “get” what is a priority and can independently prioritize.
To Apply for the Digital Marketing Analyst position:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at email@example.com with “NCOA –Digital Marketing Analyst / 2018-2374 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Marketing and Web Specialist, Web Strategist, Web Marketing Analyst, SEO Analyst, Web Analyst
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.