Business Development Associate – Production Solutions
The Business Development Associate is responsible for delivering an impeccable service experience to our clients and prospects. Candidate will produce value-added services and consultation for clients and prospects to improve their program results and bottom line, while enhancing the company’s value proposition. Candidate will work closely with Business Development, Marketing, Digital, and Direct Mail Production teams. Position includes extensive client contact and marketing functions to support the company’s annual marketing plan.
Production Solutions is the industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We are unique in what we do and possess a vast knowledge of direct mail fundraising programs and subscription development programs. During 25 years of serving the nonprofit and commercial sectors, we have refined a production management model that is an industry standard. We have a highly experienced staff, a loyal supplier base, and an incredible depth of knowledge in mailing formats, service techniques, and cost management/savings. At PS Digital, we’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved and we’re even more excited about our future.
Essential Responsibilities of the Business Development Associate
- Proactive and strategic client interaction with maximum client engagement by anticipating client needs, providing tactical and technical solutions, communicating value propositions, project updates, industry alerts, articles of interest, and/or professional observations.
- Create and customize presentations. Attend and facilitate presentations to include presenting innovative solutions and selling enhanced or new services to clients or Upsell through exceeding expectations for projects outside of promised scope of work, test ideas, package innovation, and multi-channel marketing and integrated services.
- Assist with company marketing initiatives, including: writing and contributing content for the monthly newsletter and blog, event planning logistics for relevant industry conferences, and supporting company social media channels and pages.
- Proactively Support Business Development and Production teams on assigned clients through: research requests, trends and/or cost saving format ideas, non-live package bid requests, and contract execution and proposal responses.
- Schedule regular visits with clients to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktail hours, and/or client events/functions. Maximize opportunities to solidify client Check in with clients via phone and email on a consistent basis for continued engagement opportunities.
- Maintain and recap client meetings with account management team for each assigned client; discuss process improvements, client strategy, risks/issues, milestones, current/projected costs, change orders, and client assessment of campaign management by PS production
- Attend industry events to network and engage with clients.
Qualifications of the Business Development Associate
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Business, Marketing, Communications)
- Minimum 5 years of prior client-based experience in direct mail or marketing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in client relationship management, project management, strategy, marketing, or sales/upselling.
- Superior customer/client service skills with focus on tact, diplomacy and rapport building.
- Strong attention to detail with superior organizational skills.
- Exhibit strong people skills through face-to-face, written, and verbal communications; able to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Excellent project planning and problem-solving skills; ability to set milestones and administer action plan.
Skills of the Business Development Associate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences internally and externally.
- Effective interpersonal skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to excel under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and InDesign (preferred).
- Working knowledge in printing methods, data processing, personalization, mail shop operations and equipment.
- Working knowledge with USPS regulations for direct mail products and service.
What’s Attractive to the Right Business Development Associate Candidate?
- Our training program is second to none. We invest time and effort in our staff and provide gold standard training programs.
- You will have the option to work from our offices in the well-located Tyson’s Corner area of Virginia, or by telecommuting from the comfort of your own home.
- Both you and your work are valued.
- We want you to succeed. You’ll have lots of support – we work in close-knit teams where everyone will pitch in and help each other.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401(k) plan, phone ($50 max), and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
To Apply for the Business Development Associate position with PS:
You can apply by simply emailing your resume to email@example.com with “PS – Business Dev Associate/ 2018-04” in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates, Production Solutions and PS Digital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.