Digital Marketing Assistant - SCAI
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, (SCAI) is quickly becoming one of the top specialty medical societies in the world and we are looking for a Marketing Assistant to help us promote our programs, improve our digital footprint, and grow our membership. This is an excellent opportunity to jumpstart your marketing career. In addition to social media promotion, your work will include the development of promotional materials including brochures, direct mail, e-marketing materials, conference programs, social media posts, tradeshow banners, PowerPoint slides, promotional items, and online content.
In this newly created position, you will report to the vice president, marketing, membership, and public relations to help us communicate the benefits of our organization among interventional cardiologists and healthcare professionals globally. You will support marketing campaigns and communications for our membership recruitment and retention, annual meetings, education events, and online properties.
We have an interesting and engaging membership and you will have frequent interaction with current and prospective members, volunteers, physicians, healthcare professionals, and staff.
The leading voice for interventional cardiology, SCAI is a 4,200-member professional organization representing invasive and interventional cardiologists in approximately 75 countries. Our mission is to promote excellence in invasive/interventional cardiovascular medicine through physician and allied health professional education and representation, and advancement of quality standards to enhance patient care.
Responsibilities of the Digital Marketing Assistant
- Develop marketing and communications pieces, including project plans and timelines, for Scientific Sessions annual meeting programs, Fall Fellows course, education events, and online education, as well as physician and patient engagement activities.
- Write copy, recommend imagery, and coordinate layout/design and production with the manager of creative services.
- Ensure clinical accuracy of marketing, advertising, and communications messages.
- Collaborate with volunteers to review clinical content and ensure the accuracy of technical information included in marketing and communications products.
- Test marketing messages and analyze results to modify SCAI brand and sub-brand messaging.
- Participate in developing marketing plans, communication tactics, research, and budgeting for SCAI events and programs.
- Manage marketing and advertising vendors.
- Ensure SCAI’s messaging aligns across marketing materials, websites, and social media platforms.
- Manage SCAI’s online community, my.scai.org, via Higher Logic.
- Develop content and maintain up-to-date content on SCAI.org and SecondsCount.org including writing copy, posting videos and graphics, developing calls to action, and creating online registration forms and surveys.
- Manage SCAI’s social media presence across Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Work with the marketing team to develop, execute, track, and optimize outreach campaigns.
- Analyze engagement across platforms, optimize campaigns, track results, and report on analytics related to social media, websites and microsites, and e-marketing efforts.
- Support SCAI committees on my.scai.org, engaging online community members and driving engagement. This may involve sharing case reviews, volunteer opportunities, and event information, as well as driving and responding to online questions.
- Provide support to the vice president of marketing, membership, and public relations for the WIN committee including planning agendas, organizing conference calls, taking minutes, and distributing materials.
- Support WIN activities during SCAI annual and independent meetings including program planning, budgeting and budget management, faculty management, partnership coordination, and marketing. Coordinate with meetings and development staff as needed.
Qualifications of the Digital Marketing Assistant
- 2 years of experience working or interning in marketing, advertising, or communications with hands-on skills in content development, digital advertising, e-mail marketing platforms, search engine optimization, online communities, and/or website management.
- Experience developing marketing, advertising, and communications messages for brochures, direct mail, e-marketing, conferences and events, social media posts, and online content.
- Excellent writing and strong project management skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of digital marketing current best practices and understanding of digital production processes.
- Experience writing content for social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Experience leveraging social media management and analytics tools.
- Experience in a medical nonprofit and/or association working with healthcare professionals is a plus.
Attributes of the Digital Marketing Assistant
- Project manager. You are able to juggle multiple tasks, allocate and optimize resources, and manage timelines. You enjoy creating and implementing processes and procedures that uphold rigorous standards. You manage a task from start to finish.
- Exceptional communicator. You are known for your poise, tact, and diplomacy. You are comfortable in a social setting and able confidently engage at all levels and across multiple stakeholder groups. You collaborate on projects and communicate results, and you are willing to listen and learn from others.
- Detail oriented. Even though you are detail oriented, you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of the organization.
- Organization skills. Your attention to detail is supported by your organization skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Flexible and capable. You manage changing priorities without difficulty and get the job done. You do whatever it takes.
- Confident and pleasant. You understand that everyone is a “customer” and should have a “Ritz Carlton” service experience when contacting the meetings office.
- Problem solver. You have excellent critical thinking skills, dive into the details, and know when and what questions to ask.
- Resourceful with great follow through. Whether it’s something that requires a quick turn-around or a long-term project with many steps, you take full responsibility from start to finish. When you say you’ll get back with someone, you do.
- Service-driven. You set the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations. You are responsive and committed. You are clear, tactful, and diplomatic about what’s realistic and what’s possible.
What’s Attractive to the Right Digital Marketing Assistant Candidate?
- SCAI is an exciting and busy environment where you will learn and grow your career.
- SCAI’s staff are smart, collaborative, energetic, hard-working people who are committed to their work and to delivering a solid work product.
- You will work with a committed and caring volunteer base of cardiologists who enjoy getting into the details.
- We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.
To Apply for the Digital Marketing Assistant position with SCAI:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org with “SCAI – Digital Marketing Assistant / 2018-2338 SA” as the subject of the email.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Alternative Titles: Marketing Assistant, Online Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Social Media Assistant.