Director, Membership Marketing - AAMI
As the Membership Marketing Director for the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), you will develop and implement a comprehensive membership marketing plan that expands and sustains all of AAMI’s membership categories (individual, institutional, and corporate). Reporting directly to the VP of membership, you will be integral to helping AAMI achieve many of our strategic goals.
You will provide us with the strategies and leadership that will attract and retain membership by listening to and creating valuable experiences for members. We have a large product portfolio (standards, education, events, annual conferences, and other products), awards programs, and volunteer opportunities you will leverage. We are also currently in the process of restructuring our dues to better meet the needs of our diverse and changing membership.
AAMI is a unique alliance of 7,000 members from around the world united by one critical mission: increasing the understanding and beneficial use of healthcare technology. We consistently develop new products specifically around new standards and stakeholder needs. AAMI members improve medical device safety through the development and use of AAMI standards, professional certification, education, summits, and other technical resources. Industry, healthcare facilities, government agencies, and others rely on AAMI to disseminate high-quality, objective information that helps make technology used in the care and treatment of patients safer and more effective.
Responsibilities of the Director, Membership Marketing
- Develop and implement an annual membership marketing plan to increase member retention rates and grow all forms of AAMI membership through available marketing channels, including direct mail, e-mail, social media, etc.
- Lead interdepartmental team to attract and retain younger members and new professionals.
- Continually evaluate and recommend changes to AAMI’s membership benefits.
- Identify database list selection and outside list purchases for mailings; create, track and update a master membership promotional schedule and routinely update the schedule with campaign status and results to date.
- Analyze the results of membership marketing and retention campaigns and monthly membership data; report on membership trends to VP of membership.
- Work with AAMI’s communications and marketing team to develop brochures, advertisements, and other promotional material to recruit new members and retain existing members.
- Manage membership marketing efforts, such as responding to inquiries from prospective members, assigning source coding for recruitment efforts, responding to member requests or feedback, and tracking and responding to prospects.
- Manage contracts and trade agreements for AAMI’s traveling exhibit booth and other promotional visits to external meetings. Negotiate sponsorship opportunities and ensure AAMI meets all agreed-upon terms.
- Manage and regularly monitor our online discussion platform, AAMI Connect, to identify key questions to be answered, remove inappropriate posts, and help update with audience-specific Conduct other member outreach efforts as well as.
- Coordinate the membership renewal process, billing process, and outreach campaigns with the membership coordinator. Regularly assess membership processes and suggest areas of improvement to the VP. Work with the IT department to implement changes or improvements to the membership database.
- Draft the annual membership budget and spring and fall projections for approval.
- Identify, develop, and implement mutually-beneficial collaborations with other organizations to promote AAMI membership; represent AAMI from time-to-time at external events.
- Work collaboratively with the HTM vice president to coordinate publicity for HTM associations/societies in AAMI publications; provide support at local society meetings and identify ways in which we can assist or partner with these groups.
- Coordinate shipments of marketing material to external meetings and work with AAMI’s graphic designer to design and maintain a membership booth for external conferences.
- Serve as our primary contact for students and educators around the country; engage educators and students in AAMI activities and events to increase student memberships.
- Develop and lead AAMI’s Mentorship Program for early career professionals and work with the VP of membership to plan and implement the Fellowship Program.
- Lead our volunteer outreach efforts and events. Serve as the liaison between volunteers and AAMI staff.
- Serve as the AAMI staff liaison to the AAMI Awards Committee.
Qualifications of the Director, Membership Marketing
- BA/BS degree; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years leading and implementing membership acquisition initiatives with a focus on institutional members (such as hospitals, universities, or schools). Experience with corporate or professional membership preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare setting, knowledge of healthcare technology, or association experience is desirable, as is familiarity with standards development organizations.
- Preferred experience with online community management, microvolunteering initiatives, and/or membership awards and recognition programs.
- Prior experience developing and/or implementing an integrated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) process preferred.
Attributes of the Director, Membership Marketing
- Business minded. You have the ability to come up to speed quickly. You can think through multiple products, stakeholder priorities and value propositions to form a well-balanced business plan that goes beyond the numbers. You come fully prepared to have an intelligent conversation regarding the business strategy of the organization.
- Excellent communicator. You have exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills as well as the ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Results-driven. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and are able to easily shift gears, reprioritize, and stay focused on outcomes. You consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Organized. You excel at juggling priorities, allocating and optimizing resources, managing timelines, and meeting deadlines.
- Quality-focused. You understand that accurate, clear, creative, and engaging messaging is essential to successful marketing in any form. You take a hands-on role in quality control and editorial reviews.
- Collaborative. You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level. You share information, work cooperatively, seek out relevant information, decide on the appropriate steps, and achieve the desired results.
What’s Attractive to the Right Director, Membership Marketing Candidate?
- You will like who you work with – a supportive, respectful, collegial team of passionate and committed colleagues. Your work will be appreciated and you will be joining a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
- You will have the support of a stable organization with resources. AAMI was founded almost 50 years ago and has a solid reputation throughout the national and international healthcare technology community.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; 401(k); education reimbursement; 10 paid holidays; 2 weeks of vacation the first year; and more.
- AAMI offers a unique and generous incentive/bonus program whereby a staff member can earn a percentage of his or her salary each year by meeting specific annual goals above and beyond routine job responsibilities.
To Apply for the Director, Membership Marketing position with AAMI:
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at resumes@StaffingAdvisors.com with “AAMI – Membership Marketing Director / 2018-2337 SA” in the subject line.
Alternative Titles: Director of Membership, Director of Marketing, Senior Manager of Membership Marketing, Membership Director
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.