Scrum Master / Project Manager - CAQH
CAQH initiatives are fundamentally changing the direction of healthcare; these products are re-defining how the industry does business today and in the future. Through collaboration and innovation, we accelerate the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of projects via a blend of agile and traditional project management methodologies. Through agile planning, rigorous execution and continuous oversight, you will ensure that development efforts are properly coordinated, and that releases are timely, impactful and of high quality. You will report to the Solutions’ Director of Program Management and be a part of an established team of seasoned, disciplined, accountable and self-motivated professionals.
The ongoing need to reduce healthcare costs, while concurrently increasing information accuracy, is at the forefront of our activities. In concert with a wide range of healthcare stakeholders, we develop and implement solutions to long-term business inefficiencies, producing meaningful, concrete benefits for providers, health plans, and patients. We help make routine business processes both standard and transparent to eliminate duplication, reduce cost, and ease administrative burden. Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare.
Responsibilities of the Scrum Master / Project Manager
- Plan, schedule, execute and monitor projects of varying scope, sizes and durations.
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the Scrum methodology, including training geographically dispersed stakeholder teams and ensuring Scrum values are lived by.
- Scale the Scrum methodology into Scrum of Scrums, and act as Scrum Master on one or more Scrum teams.
- Support the prioritization of work to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Proactively manage risks and issues; develop and execute risk response plans, run point on project escalations and monitor issues to resolution.
- Measure, monitor and report work progress to ensure high-quality deliverable are produced.
- Lead and coordinate release activities including creating and managing project schedules, developing release plans and schedules, assessing and reporting on product launch readiness, planning, and tracking change management activities.
- Maintain project-specific document repositories to ensure centralized availability of artifacts.
- Communicate release plans, commitments, and changes. Keep stakeholders current around requirements, QA plans, schedules, and scope changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Scrum Master / Project Manager
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate cross-functional project teams to meet mission critical deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively document and communicate plans, schedules, decisions, status, risks, and issues and implement corrective action plans to ensure organizational objectives are met or exceeded.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven command of Scrum/Agile, project management and software development lifecycles.
- Strong team player able to influence the outcome of projects without direct authority.
- Proficiency with Atlassian project tools (JIRA, Confluence) and Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Scrum Master and Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications are preferred.
Experience of the Scrum Master / Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree required; a focus in business and technology disciplines is preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience coordinating projects, managing releases or leading development efforts.
- 3+ years of experience working as an embedded Scrum Master on development teams in product-oriented organizations.
- 2+ years of experience training and building up Scrum teams as well as managing projects with distributed resources.
- Experience with technical operations and business process improvements is a strong plus.
What’s Attractive to the Right Scrum Master / Project Manager Candidate?
- You can take satisfaction in knowing that your work leads to improved access and delivery of affordable healthcare for thousands around the country.
- CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for you in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage; life and disability programs; tuition assistance; and matching 401(k) contributions.
- CAQH is metro accessible, has an onsite fitness center, and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings, and a thriving social scene in downtown Washington, D.C.
To Apply for the Scrum Master / Project Manager position with CAQH:
Use the “Apply” button on this page, or email your resume to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with “CAQH – Scrum Master/Project Manager / 2018-2331 SA” as the subject of the email.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Alternate Titles: SAFe Scrum Master, Scrum Master, scrummaster, IT project manager, Atlassian project tools, Agile, Waterfall, JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, Visio, PMI, development, technical operations.