HR Consultant (Part-time)
TPO HR Consultants work in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area with a portfolio of clients. As a consultant, you will provide a combination of HR strategy management and core HR operations. You will be onsite with each client at least once a week as well as providing support from your home office as needed. Consulting for TPO means no two days are the same. Our clients have different needs and priorities, so your flexible approach and strong business acumen will allow you to thrive in different environments.
Day to day, you will be the critical link between HR plans, programs, activities, and internal stakeholders. You design and implement all HR programs and ensure compliance. You are at the heart of client engagements and you build rapport with executives, managers, and staff to effectively lead the client’s HR function.
TPO believes passionately that every organization, no matter the size, deserves to benefit from great HR. Offering a full range of strategic consulting, outsourcing, interim, and on-call HR services, our consultants and data-driven tools empower clients to achieve extraordinary results through their people.
TPO’s clients are supported through the entire HR experience by our carefully chosen team. Our approach is to find the best and brightest HR professionals and provide them with the resources and infrastructure required to perform at the highest level. We work to develop an intimate understanding of the business objectives of our clients, and by doing this, we consistently deliver high-quality, service-enhancing solutions to our clients.
- Must reside in the D.C. metro area and be available to go onsite to clients in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia as needed.
- At least 15 years of experience in human resources.
- Comfortable with presenting stand-up training to groups.
- Comfortable with accountability for results in all HR areas, including workforce planning, employee communications and culture, professional development including mentoring and coaching, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, compliance, compensation, benefits, and measuring the impact of HR initiatives on business results.
- Demonstrated business acumen including experience reporting to or working directly with a chief executive.
- Comfortable using standard IT tools and learning new technologies.
- Prior consulting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (experience will be considered as well).
- Analytical and strategic. Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Change management expertise. Proven ability to bring about change and manage processes.
- Diplomatic and persuasive. Willing to listen and articulate a clear vision. A model of tact and discretion.
- Intellectually curious. Eager to understand the unique culture that exists in the organizations you serve. Aware of best practices of other organizations and external market conditions.
- Service oriented, accountable, and creative. Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization, identify creative solutions, and own your recommendations. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Approachable, flexible, and responsive. Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Self-confident and relationship-driven. Ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with clients. Must demonstrate excellent judgment and know “where to draw the line.”
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We recognize the importance of flexibility and understand that not everyone wants or needs a full-time commitment. Working part-time for TPO, you will have flexibility to arrange work schedules that meet both client and personal needs.
- Your work will be challenging and critical to the success of the organizations you support.
- Our environment is one of highly dedicated professionals who are engaged in making a difference in all that we do.
- TPO offers a great opportunity for senior level HR professionals to perform HR consulting without the distraction of running an independent business.
- TPO provides a collegial team environment and continuous professional development
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Gina Schurman at firstname.lastname@example.org with “TPO – HR Consultant / 2018-2325 SA” as the subject of the email.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.