Digital Project Manager – PS Digital
As a Digital Project Manager, you will be a key member of our online campaign and website implementation team. You will support our clients and team members by managing intricate digital marketing projects and be responsible for budgeting, scheduling, client relations, and resource allocation and coordination. Our projects typically include email campaigns, microsites, landing pages, online forms, social media integration, and online advertising that will drive engagement, acquisition, fundraising, and advocacy. As Digital Project Manager, you will provide impeccable customer service to a variety of nonprofit and internal clients. To be successful in the role, you should be curious, obsessed with detail, and a self-described “geek.”
PS Digital, a division of Production Solutions, is a growing digital marketing agency for nonprofits. With a focus on website design, email campaigns, and digital marketing, we help nonprofits achieve their mission by strategically and successfully engaging their constituents online. We combine best practices gained from Production Solutions’ 25+ years of nonprofit experience with digital expertise to provide nimble and efficient services and solutions. Our goal is simple – to help every client achieve the best results online, and have a great time doing it. At PS Digital, we’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved and we’re even more excited about our future.
Essential Responsibilities of the Digital Project Manager
- Manage projects and deliverables from concept to completion, on time and within budget
- Manage day-to-day interactions with internal stakeholders, collaborators, creative and technical staff, and vendors for a wide variety of web, eCRM and digital projects.
- Gather and document client needs, project requirements, contracts, and feature ideas.
- Develop and manage realistic, achievable project timelines, milestones, budget reports, technical requirements and documentation for projects.
- Effectively manage communication with clients, team members, partner agencies, outside consultants and vendors to provide superior customer service
- Fiscal Responsibility: work with Account Managers to ensure profitability of accounts through budgeting, control of expenses, and accurate income forecasting.
- Direct and delegate work to the project team and outside vendors; monitor and adjust priorities and assignments, when necessary, to meet project commitments
- Work within clients’ eCRM accounts to support email list management and fundraising campaigns and report results to internal team
- Assist with data extraction and visualization for reporting
- Provide risk assessment and management on all aspects of the project
- Provide new business development support through proposal input and scope of work estimating
- Provide quality assurance and testing of all deliverables
- Assist with client invoicing and vendor invoice approval
Qualifications of the Digital Project Manager
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in managing projects in a client-facing role
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Thorough computer skills including fluency in MS Office Suite and/or G-Suite (especially Drive, Docs, and Sheets) and project management software
- Strong understanding of online marketing, fundraising, and social media practices
- Fluent and capable with data — pulling data/reports, data visualization in Tableau or similar, contributing to analysis.
- Ability to handle multiple projects across multiple clients
- Ability to prepare all project documentation, including but not limited to project plans, statements of work and status reports
- Superior editing and proofing skills
- Proven organizational skills and relentless attention to detail
- Excellent customer/client service skills with focus on tact, diplomacy and rapport building
- Excellent project planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to conduct client, supplier, and company relationships with high degree of integrity and professionalism in a supportive, respectful manner
- Self-starter with experience excelling within a fast paced, high energy environment
- Background in nonprofits or caused-based marketing highly preferred
- Technically curious and unafraid to ask questions and get your hands dirty
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Business or Computer Science fields preferred; will consider equivalent work experience
Other Preferred Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the web development process, social media platforms and analytics (GA certification a plus)
- Familiarity with digital technologies such as CMS (Drupal and WordPress), eCRMs (Blackbaud, Salesforce, Salsa and other databases)
Attributes of the Digital Project Manager
- Collaborative work-style. This position requires a flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others. You have a proven track record of getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships, both with outside clients and internal staff.
- Excellent communicator. You communicate just as clearly in copy as you do in person – you are concise, accurate, and effective. You have excellent oral, written, and editing skills.
- Inquisitive and willing to take initiative. You like learning new things and like to collect and share information. You also don’t wait for things to happen – you initiate action and make things happen.
- Strong project management skills. You have proven project management and organizational skills and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks. You know that important campaigns have deadlines that need to be met, and you prioritize your work to make it happen.
- Mission-driven. You understand the big picture and can easily translate our objectives, and our clients’ objectives, into social impact.
- Flexible. You adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Politically astute. In this position, you have many stakeholders with varying goals and needs. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges and constraints each faces.
- Priority management. You switch from long range needs to preparing for scheduled enhancements with ease. You really “get” what is a priority and can independently manage tight deadlines to completion.
What’s Attractive to the Right Digital Project Manager Candidate?
- A vibrant and rewarding work environment with a financially strong and growing organization.
- You will be mentored by top-level individuals who will value your opinion and collaborate on strategic decisions.
- You will be a part of an entrepreneurial team and afforded autonomy.
- This is a perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, deadline-driven, optimistic, and flexible individual.
- You’ll work at a great location in Tysons Corner, close to the Tysons Corner Center shopping mall and Tysons Metro Station (Silver Line), with an opportunity for remote work after initial training period.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work may require lifting and delivering packages, boxes, and supplies on an intermittent basis, weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Work requires correctable vision, ability to identify and distinguish PMS colors, depth perception, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate computer terminal, telephone, and office equipment for long periods of time.
- Some travel may be required (<20%).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Mental activities involve concentrated and extremely demanding attention to detail.
- Ability to hear and speak English language clearly and concisely for heavy telephone contact.
- Involves frequent contact with staff and clients.
- Work involves frequent change in activities and priorities.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, paid holidays, generous vacation and sick time allowance, optional flex-spending account, 401K, and partial cell phone and health club reimbursements.
To Apply for the Digital Project Manager position with PS:
You can apply by simply emailing your resume to email@example.com with “PS – Digital Project Manager/ 2018-2322” in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates, Production Solutions and PS Digital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.