Administrative Program Coordinator - Health Law Education, AHLA
As the Administrative Program Coordinator you will provide support to the Distance Learning (DL) Department and be responsible for daily administrative functions related to the execution of webinars, roundtable discussions, educational calls, and additional duties and projects. The primary responsibilities include coordination of certification for state continuing legal education (CLE) credits, website content updates, and answering distance learning-related customer service inquiries. Your success will be defined by your ability to prioritize and manage a diverse flow of work, anticipate the needs of other staff members, and communicate well with internal and external stakeholders. If you have ideas to make our process more efficient, we will want to hear them.
The American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) serves as a public resource on health law issues, electing not to advocate for or against any particular policy proposals, but to produce the highest quality nonpartisan educational programs, products, and services concerning health law issues.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Program Coordinator
- Apply for state CLE approval through the various bar associations for DL events.
- Report attendees’ CLE credits to select state bar associations and assist attorneys with applying or reporting their certificates where applicable.
- Maintain all webinar materials by creating folders for each event that provide the DL administrator with the materials needed to coordinate all events.
- Prepare and distribute DL discussion evaluations to appropriate parties once a month (for the previous month of webinars).
- Handle the email marketing efforts for DL events including entering and manipulating leader-provided information into the different marketing vehicles, and testing and scheduling the emails.
- Perform data entry as needed into the customer relationship management (CRM) database.
- Update and maintain DL content on our website with a focus on DL-related sections of the practice group site (leader education resources, guidance documents, contact info).
- Serve as the lead for support and customer service for all DL inquiries.
Qualifications of the Administrative Program Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to two years of experience, preferably in distance learning, programs, or chapter relations within an association.
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer leaders in a nonprofit environment.
- Flexible and skilled at juggling competing demands and prioritizing assignments; demonstrated independent and effective time management.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, customer service, and teamwork/cooperative skills for continual interaction with staff and management, and contact with volunteers and members.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various project teams as well as participate as a member of multiple teams.
- Knowledge of and experience using a database.
Attributes of the Administrative Program Coordinator
- Service-oriented. Along with a keen ability to relate to members and help them translate their needs into new products and services, you have a strong enthusiasm for customer service.
- Confident and pleasant. You understand that everyone is a “customer” and should have a “Ritz Carlton” service experience when contacting the executive office.
- Great communicator. You have excellent oral and written communication. You demonstrate poise, diplomacy, and tact.
- Detail oriented. Even though you are detail oriented, you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of the organization.
- Organizational skills. Your attention to detail is supported by your organizational skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Reliable and dependable. You don’t just show up for work on time; you also have a strong work ethic and are highly productive, always looking to do more.
- Flexible and capable. You manage changing priorities without difficulty and get the job done. You do whatever it takes.
What’s Attractive to the Right Administrative Program Coordinator Candidate?
- You will work with volunteers passionate about their subject matter, who often treat their volunteer efforts for this position with the same high standards as their own careers.
- AHLA has strong, stable leadership and is financially healthy. Our CEO genuinely cares about the people who work here, what we are doing, and the positive impact we are having by being the go-to resource for our members and customers.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; retirement and 401(k); 10 paid holidays; vacation and sick leave and more.
To Apply for the Administrative Program Coordinator position with AHLA:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at email@example.com with “ALHA - Administrative Program Coordinator / 2018-2320 SA” as the subject of the email.
Internally, the position title is Distance Learning Coordinator.
Alternative Titles: administrative assistant, education coordinator, distance learning coordinator, learning, education specialist, learning coordinator, training programs, continuing education.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.