Benefits and Compensation Senior Manager
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is searching for a creative and hands-on Benefits and Compensation leader to help us develop, design, and implement Benefits and Compensation strategies, policies, processes, and programs. You will lead a team of 12 employees, charged with delivering benefits and compensation programs that drive employee engagement and contribute to the successful attraction, retention, and motivation of APL’s human capital. You will partner with senior leadership to evolve and reinvent the total rewards function to ensure its alignment to the Lab’s strategic human capital goals. As a key member of APL's Human Resources team you'll contribute to our core purpose to build community, ignite talent and collaborate to enable defining innovations.
As APL's Benefits and Compensation Senior Manager:
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide strategic leadership in crafting, measuring, and implementing competitive benefits and compensation programs.
- You will lead the day-to-day operations of APL's benefits team, exercising a deep and thorough understanding of benefits strategy and operations. You will also oversee the compensation function and team, working with external consultants and internal experts to support strategies that stimulate growth, innovation and inspire staff to make significant contributions in their practice areas.
- You will regularly assess processes to recommend opportunities to be more efficient while ensuring compliance and cost-effectiveness.
- You will partner with leadership to develop and implement the next iteration of our Total Rewards strategy, ensuring that it aligns with our mission and culture.
- You will serve as a member of the Human Resources leadership team influencing the strategic direction around the Lab’s human capital efforts.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or a related discipline.
- Have a minimum of 10 years of human resources experience with an emphasis in benefits planning, design, and administration with at least 5 years’ experience leading a benefits team in a corporate setting, including experience with self-funded health care programs.
- Have broad based understanding of compensation systems.
- Can work with external partners, including benefits vendors and compensation consultants while retaining ownership of operations and strategy.
- Possess excellent program management, leadership, persuasion and change-management skills including excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Have a validated ability to mentor and develop staff, cultivate positive relationships across organizational boundaries and contribute to building a strong workforce.
- Can apply advanced practical knowledge of applicable regulatory and legal requirements and reporting including ACA, COBRA, FMLA, EEO, FLSA. You will also have a broad familiarity with OFCCP, HIPAA, ERISA, and GINA.
- If selected, you may be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you:
- Have a Master's degree in Human Resources or Business administration or a related discipline.
- Have proven expertise in crafting and implementing a Total Rewards Strategy with broad impact on Total Rewards decisions, directions, policies, programs, and systems.
- Have experience working for R & D or technical organizations.
- Possess relevant certifications including CEBS, CCP, SHRM SCP or CP, SPHR or PHR.
To Apply for the Benefits and Compensation Leader position:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Gina Schurman at email@example.com with “JHU-APL - Benefits and Compensation Senior Manager #2018-2316 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternate Titles: Rewards Manager, Compensation and Benefits Manager, or Compensation and Benefits Consultant.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged to find the right candidate and is committed to helping create a diverse work environment for our client. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.