Education Director - AHLA
In this newly created Education Director position, you will manage and lead our distance learning program. With such a wide range of complex and ever-changing information regarding health law, everyone needs trustworthy information. The American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) serves as a public resource on health law issues, electing not to advocate for or against any particular policy proposals, but to produce the highest quality nonpartisan educational programs, products, and services concerning health law issues.
In this role, you will manage the distance learning team, budget, and vendors and coordinate a wide variety of distance learning events (webinars, roundtable discussions, open membership calls, and educational calls). Our members, composed of experts in their field, create the content and lead the distance learning events. You will lead the process of delivering all program offerings, researching and making recommendations on distance learning opportunities in regards to both content and technology.
Together with your team, you will work with the practice group presenters on timelines, deliverables, and content. Paying close attention to member interest in individual education offerings, you will advise practice groups and AHLA leaders on the financial viability of events, creating a balanced, high-quality portfolio of offerings that meet the emerging needs of members, within budgetary constraints.
Responsibilities of the Education Director
- Assess educational needs, analyze data, and prioritize efforts based on AHLA’s goals and the expectations of members. Provide offerings based on an assessment of member interest as well as program viability and relevance.
- Create outlines for relevant distance learning/webinars based on interests of the membership base. Coordinate with federal government agencies on webinar service offering.
- Determine which offerings are best merged or eliminated based on trends in attendance and demand.
- Evaluate procedures for initiating new offerings and set parameters which ensure value to audiences, speakers, and sponsors.
- Improve the quality of distance learning offerings and organization of webinars. Using metrics and data, evaluate webinar ideas for relevance and interest.
- Nurture volunteers by supporting and guiding them through the distance learning process. Create and manage a process that ensures volunteers understand their responsibilities within the necessary timetable.
- Manage our webinar vendor to ensure webinar quality and correct pricing information.
- Work with the conferencing company and the technology department to understand and improve quality assurance, interactive features, and innovative solutions of the distance learning platform.
- Closely monitor webinars for registration and participation. Monitor success of webinars, webinar pricing, and attendance using surveys, evaluations, and other tools. Work with marketing to identify target audiences and improve webinar participation.
- Develop and expand appropriate new distance learning platforms such as podcasts, online learning, etc.
Qualifications of the Education Director
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8-12 years relevant experience managing webinars, distance learning, and other education programs.
- Experience managing a team.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with members, member volunteers, and volunteer leaders.
- Demonstrated experience with the creation and interpretation of data and analytics to further AHLA’s strategic goals.
- Some travel required.
Attributes of the Education Director
- Project management. You manage timelines, reduce risks, and get the work done. You are highly organized, analytical, and able to make critical assessments. You set priorities wisely and know how to make tough resource allocation decisions, always finding a way to forward strategic initiatives.
- Open and collaborative. You share information, work cooperatively, and seek out relevant information to decide on appropriate steps and facilitate to get the desired results. You develop strong relationships within and outside the organization.
- Business savvy. You see beyond the black and white – you delve into the details and are prepared to have an intelligent conversation regarding the give and take of priorities.
- Metrics driven. You see the big picture, monitor your key performance metrics, and have the proven ability and experience to take the action necessary to bring about change.
- Results driven. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and are able to easily shift gears, reprioritize, and stay focused on outcomes. You consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Service driven. You possess a high level of enthusiasm, immerse yourself in the work, and take pride in a job done exceptionally well. You exercise independent judgment and can be trusted to do your job well.
- Quick study. Health law is a rapidly changing field and standards are constantly being reviewed and updated. You enjoy learning new issues and how they affect our distance learning objectives.
What’s Attractive to the Right Education Director Candidate?
- You will work with volunteers passionate about their subject matter, who often treat their volunteer efforts for this position with the same high standards as their own careers.
- This is a very human job – you will ensure projects stay on track through human interaction, more so than fixing issues with the mechanics of the process or troubleshooting technology headaches.
- AHLA has strong, stable leadership and is financially healthy. Our CEO genuinely cares about the people who work here, what we are doing, and the positive impact we are having by being the go-to resource for our members and customers.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; retirement and 401(k); 10 paid holidays; vacation and sick leave and more.
To Apply for the Education Director position with AHLA:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at firstname.lastname@example.org with “AHLA – Education Director / 2018-2311 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Director of Education, Director of Professional Development, Director of Education Programs, Director of Training and Development, Director, Learning and Development, Professional Development Director.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.