Relationship Manager (Financial Technology Sector) - OLA
As the Relationship Manager for the Online Lenders Alliance (OLA), you will take a front-row seat in the understanding and exploration of the emerging financial technology (fintech) sector. Ever since the advent of PayPal, non-bank financial institutions have introduced competition to the financial services sector, expanding consumer options and making financial services more accessible to the general public.
In this position, you will build strong and meaningful relationships with leaders across this exciting new industry, forming an understanding of the trends, needs, and business challenges of the emerging fintech sector. You will expand our business through the creation of effective, customized membership acquisition plans, which you and senior staff will use to connect with potential members about how OLA can help solve the shifting business challenges of this growing industry. You will research, segment, and vet these potential members, ensuring that new leads are addressed quickly and consistently.
You will also manage existing member communications and relationships, developing proactive retention plans to ensure membership renewal. You will be responsible for membership outreach and promotional efforts. Reporting to the chief revenue officer, you will work closely with the events director, education director, and marketing manager.
The Online Lenders Alliance (OLA) is a professional trade organization representing the growing industry of non-bank, nontraditional online consumer and business loans. Since 2005, OLA has worked on behalf of the online lending industry, representing top online businesses. OLA member organizations are companies that offer online consumer short-term loans and they are now expanding into business loans.
Our annual conference, LEND360, features more than 850 attendees and more than 50 exhibitors from around the globe. LEND360 is the go-to event that connects every angle of the online lending industry, focusing on the unique needs of online lending providers. Bringing together the entire ecosystem of online lending in one place, LEND360 provides key insights into how to improve, protect, and grow attendees’ online lending businesses.
Responsibilities of the Relationship Manager
- Build and manage a consistent membership acquisition process through building key personal relationships with industry leaders, as well as market surveillance. Research, segment, and help vet potential members for their fit within either OLA membership or LEND360.
- Recognize and curate leads from disparate sources such as team meetings and conversations, media articles, relevant industry events, and other sources. Refine and transform prospect lists into actionable insights that you and senior staff members will use to develop relationships and expand business opportunities.
- Manage or develop communication and relationship strategies for existing members, including the development of appropriate retention plans.
- Manage regular membership reporting, including membership dues renewals, member subscription lists, certification renewals, monthly new member and recruitment reports, product sales, etc.; coordinate with staff and contractors as needed. Provide research data for special projects as needed.
- Effectively document your relationships through CRM database (Salesforce); recognize and utilize opportunities formed from your relationship data.
- Make plans to integrate CRM with an online community platform.
- Prospect for new members, service partners as well as industry partners. Establish and maintain industry partnerships.
Qualifications of the Relationship Manager
- 2-8 years’ related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/education. Demonstrated knowledge of CRM management. Salesforce experience preferred.
- High technology and internet literacy, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Keen ability to learn new database and software applications.
- Knowledge of website content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress is a plus.
- Ability to think creatively and implement ideas.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team, with an approach that is flexible, eager, and friendly. Enjoys working with others in a collegial, fast-paced environment. Self-motivated and uses downtime to be proactive.
- Ability to independently draft correspondence, format documents, design spreadsheets, and proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors.
- Some travel required for a total of approximately 2-3 weeks a year.
Attributes of the Relationship Manager
- Strong and articulate communicator. You communicate clearly in both oral and written communications with internal and external constituents. You enjoy engaging with association members and are comfortable in interpersonal communications with industry stakeholders.
- Project management expertise. Your ability to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and drive results showcases your superb project management skills.
- Analytical. You are able to consistently spot company and industry trends and understand relationships of individual companies in relation to the entire industry. When data looks wrong you’re compelled to figure out why.
- Politically astute. You recognize that an organization consists of many stakeholders with varying goals and needs. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges and constraints others face.
- Service driven. You are responsive and committed to working hard to address the end user needs. You are also clear, tactful, and diplomatic about what’s realistic and what’s possible.
- Business acumen. You are skilled at helping organizations make informed decisions that deliver bottom line results.
What’s Attractive to the Right Relationship Manager Candidate?
- Financial technology is entering a period of unprecedented growth and innovation. OLA brings together the most innovative thought leaders in the field through our LEND360 events, shaping the future of an industry that impacts consumers globally. That spirit of innovation and entrepreneurialism informs our work internally.
- This is an exciting time to join the organization and make your mark. OLA has a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
- You will have work-life balance. OLA focuses on results, not the time clock, and staff can take advantage of both flexible schedules and telework options.
- You will like who you work with – we’re a small team but we’re high energy and very productive. We will trust you to manage your work and we’ll provide support and resources to help you be successful.
- OLA has strong, stable leadership and is financially healthy. Our leaders genuinely care about the people who work here, what we are doing, and the positive impact we are having by being the go-to resource for our members and customers. We have a high degree of communication, trust, and mutual respect among employees.
- We offer an excellent compensation package, including full health, life, and disability insurance coverage; a 401(k) plan; PTO and paid holidays; a transportation allowance; and other benefits including flex spending accounts.
To Apply for the Relationship Manager position with OLA:
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at resumes@StaffingAdvisors.com with “OLA – Membership Development Manager / 2018-2306 SA” in the subject line.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Alternative Titles: Membership Manager, Assistant Director of Membership, Research Analyst, Membership Account Specialist, and Membership Associate.