Senior Technical Trainer - CSBS
Reporting to the vice president of learning and development, you will support all training aspects of the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) by creating and delivering quality training to a variety of audiences such as state regulatory agencies, industry firms and individuals, CSBS staff, and call center representatives. In this capacity, you will play a key role in improving the productivity of half a million people – ensuring that the appropriate learning and development activities are in place to deliver the highest level of support possible for NMLS users.
At the end of 2018, we will be rolling out a major system implementation for the NMLS. Concurrently, we are building a second integrated system – an exam tool suite. Our new systems will be more user-friendly, require less ongoing maintenance, and allow better integration with more intuitive training tools. We will rely on you to identify, develop, and deliver systems training, as well as coordinate with external training providers to deliver specialized and effective training. You will lead and participate with stakeholders in identifying and evaluating appropriate training opportunities for high-level projects. As the lead for both internal and external user groups, you will implement effective delivery of systems training, conduct assessments, demonstrate best practices and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented training solutions.
The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) is the nationwide organization of banking regulators from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We support the leadership role of state banking supervisors in regulating approximately 5,400 state-chartered financial institutions and other financial services providers, including mortgage lenders.
Responsibilities of the Senior Technical Trainer
- Prepare and conduct technical training programs; continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Deliver training in a variety of formats (classes, online, webcasts, videos, etc.) to support users’ learning experience.
- Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned technical courses.
- Manage training projects and initiatives effectively through the ADDIE process and provide reports to management.
- Provide project management and ownership of key training programs and initiatives, reporting directly to operations management.
- Develop and complete complex training plans in support of major organizational system enhancements and change.
- Serve as primary contact for external vendors on training initiatives and curriculum with limited oversight from management.
- Provide subject matter expertise for large-scale programs, coordinating all related training efforts, contributing to enhancements, and translating complex information to user-friendly content for users and operational teams.
- Deliver training across all CSBS systems as needed with relevant necessary knowledge of both NMLS system and functionality.
- Lead and facilitate strategic planning for training priorities with the call center vendor, contributing new, innovative ideas to improve upon existing program activities and design opportunities.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of call center operations, operating procedures, and quality assurance goals to ensure a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of call center agent curriculum.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Operations management and third-party support vendors; develop materials to ensure team understands new policy and processes, and coordinate training and support needs for call center agents.
- Serve as an operational lead during new system development by coordinating individual responsibilities, communication, training, technical components, system functionality, and stakeholder feedback. Additionally, act as the primary responsible party for the lifecycle of an enhancement, obtaining stakeholder agreement and ensuring usability and desired implementation.
- Create content and material for self-paced eLearning courses. Provide guidance to eLearning team members on course content during development.
- Develop software simulations of system functionality using the eLearning content authoring tool, making decisions as to when simulations are necessary in view, practice, and test modes.
- Develop eLearning exercises and courses as needed using the content authoring tool. Storyboard, design, and build eLearning courses for maximum interactivity and knowledge transfer.
- Support new system enhancement development as an Operations lead, providing the user perspective throughout the requirements, development, and testing phases.
- Design, implement, and manage programs, processes, and technology to improve the team and individual effectiveness and performance.
Qualifications of the Senior Technical Trainer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 4-8 years’ experience conducting technical training for diverse audiences. Experience with NMLS is a plus.
- A technical aptitude for using and instructing systems.
- Demonstrated success with developing and publishing resource materials and video demonstrations/simulations production for learning programs.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and maintaining progressively complex IT-related training materials for the trainee and the trainer. Prior experience with system implementation.
- Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time.
Attributes of the Senior Technical Trainer
- Project manager. You set priorities wisely and know how to make tough resource allocation decisions, always finding a way to forward strategic initiatives. You know how to translate strategy into action. You enjoy solving tactical and process problems.
- Team player. You work as an integral part of a team that works and wins together. You are articulate, persuasive, and willing to listen to and respect the views of others. You confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations. You collaborate on projects and communicate results.
- Comfortable with change. You are comfortable with the inevitable changes that are brought about as a result of rapid growth and development.
- Analytical. You know how applications and systems work, even if you are not the IT expert.
- Strategic problem solver. You have excellent critical thinking skills, dive into the details, ask intelligent questions, and think like a user. You are able to effectively identify varying needs and create training solutions.
- Politically astute. In this position, you have many stakeholders with varying goals and needs. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges and constraints each faces.
- Strong and articulate communicator. You translate highly technical processes into user-friendly training solutions.
- Priority management. You switch from long-range needs to preparing for scheduled enhancements with ease. You really “get” what is a priority and can independently manage tight deadlines to completion.
What’s Attractive to the Right Senior Technical Trainer Candidate?
- You can make a big impact. A successful implementation of the new NMLS system will allow stakeholders to be more self-sufficient.
- A vibrant and rewarding work environment with a financially strong and growing organization. CSBS is a collaborative organization with a high degree of communication, trust, and mutual respect among employees, where individuals are recognized and rewarded for their work and accomplishments.
- The ability to work on a highly visible, exciting initiative that is impacting the economy, American homeowners, and financial lending institutions. Your work will contribute directly to increasing consumer confidence in our financial institutions.
- An outstanding benefits plan – employee benefits include medical/dental/vision, pre-tax medical and dependent reimbursement plans, transit benefits or parking, Safe Harbor 401k plan with match, pension plan, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, long-term care insurance, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
To Apply for the Senior Technical Trainer position with CSBS:
Use the "Apply" button on this page or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at email@example.com with “CSBS – Senior Director of Learning and Development / 2018-2305 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Manager of Learning and Development, Technical Trainer, Senior Training Specialist, Training Manager, Learning and Development Manager.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.