Vendor Management Consultant - Vendor Centric
Vendor Centric is on the leading edge of a new business discipline that companies across the U.S. are adopting with greater speed and frequency: vendor management.
A variety of external influences are converging and creating an inflection point for vendor management. These include high-profile information breaches that can be tied back to vendors (think Target and Equifax), increased federal and state regulations for managing third parties, and a growing focus on enterprise-wide risk management. Common to all of these is vendor management and it’s driving companies to look for consultative help as they establish more effective strategies, policies, and processes for managing their vendors.
Vendor Centric is at the center of this burgeoning field. Our growing, entreprenuerial firm specializes in vendor management consulting and works with organizations of various sizes across the United States. We’re helping to define the language of vendor management, which includes the creation of our own Vendor Management Framework.
Our framework provides a standard blueprint for the practice of vendor management and is the basis for all of our consulting, software, and managed services. The work we do with our clients always results in measurable improvements that can include lower costs, reduced risk, improved performance, and better compliance across their entire portfolio of vendors. By providing these measureable results, we are able to maintain long-term, advisory relationships with our clients.
As Consultant you will advise and support our clients on both strategic and tactical issues related to managing their vendors. To ensure mutual success, we will help you build on your current knowledge and expertise, and will train you on our proven, consultative process. This will enable you to tailor a unique set of services and solutions to our growing list of clients in industries such as NGOs, healthcare, financial services, and insurance.
Clients will trust you to guide them through the process of transforming their vendor management policies, procedures, and systems. You’ll work directly with senior executives to design and implement change initiatives. You will guide the conversation to help identify client risk areas and provide creative and effective solutions based on specific needs. Your keen ability to listen, synthesize information, and formulate the right approach and advice will be key to your success.
In this new role, you will work closely with the founder and CEO who will mentor and guide you. You will also join a team of enthusiastic, smart, and entrepreneurial professionals who are making major contributions to shaping the field of vendor management.
Responsibilities of the Vendor Management Consultant
- Lead/support project planning based on size and complexity of project.
- Engage in discovery with clients to understand their current activities and challenges, and establish a baseline on which to improve.
- Assess policies, procedures, and systems, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Advise clients on options for improvements they can make to vendor management activities and operations.
- Develop client deliverables which may include policies, procedures, workflow maps, and implementation plans.
- Manage projects to meet timelines and deliverables.
- Provide ongoing client advice support beyond implementation.
- Attend sales calls and proposal meetings, as appropriate.
Primary Qualifications of the Vendor Management Consultant
- Bachelor’s degree with three or more years of professional experience.
- Experience in the field of vendor (or supplier) management, or related fields of procurement or contract management.
Other Relevant Qualifications of the Vendor Management Consultant
- Management consulting experience.
- Risk management, audit, compliance, or IT contract/asset management experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with client senior executives, as well as client project teams and Vendor Centric co-workers.
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Comfort with other technology, including project management software.
- Ability to travel locally in the District, Maryland, and Northern Virginia to client engagements, with potential to travel nationally from time to time.
Attributes of the Vendor Management Consultant
- Advisor. You care deeply about your clients, who trust you to use your experience and expertise to guide their decision making and help them solve their business problems. You provide pragmatic and business-minded stepping stones for each phase of a project, methodically and reliably working through each stage as a trusted partner.
- Relationship builder. You are able to engage with staff of all levels to define needs and expectations. You are thoughtful in your approach. You demonstrate excellent judgment and you are a model of the tact and discretion required of a consulting business partner.
- Collaborative. You have a flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of a wide range of external stakeholders.
- Problem solver. You are comfortable working through ambiguity and can operate with little structure, charting a path when no rules exist. You are solution-minded, confident, and steadfast in the face of uncertainty. You identify what needs to be done first, anticipate needs downstream, and carefully steward projects.
- Strong communicator. You have an exceptional ability to communicate and build confidence at all levels. You are able to deliver critical and complex information to a variety of audiences in a credible and presentable way.
- Results driven. You see the big picture, monitor your key performance metrics, and have the proven ability and experience to take the action necessary to bring about change.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a self-starter with an innovative style. You intuitively recognize opportunity and have a bias for action. You are invigorated by change and manage shifts in an environment seeking solution opportunities.
- Project manager. You work on multiple client engagements simultaneously. You allocate and optimize resources, assign responsibility, manage timelines, reduce risks, and get the project done. You have a demonstrated ability to plan ahead and anticipate project requirements.
- Respectful. You value different points of view and are able to listen, digest, and synthesize information, keeping focused on client goals. You work effectively with people at every level and background. You consistently treat customers, stakeholders, and partners with dignity and respect.
What’s Attractive to the Right Vendor Management Consultant Candidate?
- You will be part of a small, entrepreneurial firm that is at the leading edge of a highly visible and rapidly growing business discipline.
- You will have the ability to immediately make meaningful contributions to client engagements, and assume more responsibility as you grow in experience and expertise.
- You will work directly with senior executives from successful, respected organizations of all sizes and industries.
- You will work directly with the CEO/founder of Vendor Centric, who will mentor and support you in your professional development.
- You will work with a fun team of other professionals who enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and value collaboration.
- You will be challenged to meet and exceed client expectations, yet you will also have flexibility that allows for work-life balance.
To Apply for the Vendor Management Consultant position with Vendor Centric:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at email@example.com with “Vendor Centric – Vendor Management Consultant / 2018-2304 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Vendor Management, Consultant, Management, procurement, contracting, nonprofit, Healthcare, vendor management consultant.
Staffing Advisors has been engaged by Vendor Centric to help find the right candidate for this Senior Vendor Management Consultant position. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.