Director of Marketing - AAMI
As the director of marketing, you will report to the VP of communications and marketing, manage a team of two, drive the strategic planning and execution of integrated marketing campaigns, write compelling copy for a diverse audience, and analyze data to drive success. This is a hands-on leadership role that will require you to lead the strategic management and positioning of AAMI’s portfolio of for-sale and free products (standards, resource catalog, annual conference, events, courses, webinars, and other products), while also moving the ball forward each day on promotions, campaigns, and outreach. This position involves as much in-the-trenches execution as it does strategic planning.
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) is a unique alliance of 7,000 members from around the world united by one critical mission: increasing the understanding and beneficial use of healthcare technology. We consistently develop new products specifically around new standards and stakeholder needs. AAMI members improve medical device safety through the development and use of AAMI standards, professional certification, education, summits, and other technical resources. Industry, healthcare facilities, government agencies, and others rely on AAMI to disseminate high-quality, objective information that helps to make technology used in the care and treatment of patients safer and more effective.
We will rely on your content and marketing expertise to sharpen our messaging and strengthen our marketing strategy to drive the acquisition of new customers, strengthen our partnership with resellers, improve the overall positioning of our portfolio of products, elevate the AAMI brand, and boost revenue. Our members consistently report a high level of satisfaction with our publications, education materials, training, seminars, and certification programs and view us as a go-to resource.
Responsibilities of the Director of Marketing
- Lead the marketing of AAMI and the AAMI Foundation’s portfolio of products and services (standards, non-standards products, courses, webinars, and other resources) by developing and executing the overall strategy, managing existing and new products for optimal growth.
- Manage the marketing for annual product sales volume and revenue targets of more than $2.5 million.
- Manage the marketing and sales for the annual Education Department revenue targets of more than $6 million.
- Directly manage the marketing manager and graphic designer, and oversee relationships with outside vendors and partners.
- Review and edit all marketing content for clarity, accuracy, engagement, creativity, relevance, branding, and overall quality.
- Enforce and strengthen branding policies.
- Negotiate and maintain all reseller agreements and contracts.
- Conduct research, data analysis, and other intelligence gathering to build a deep understanding of the marketplace, members, customers, channels, competitors, technologies, and industry standards.
- Drive sales of AAMI’s digital platform for AAMI standards; evaluate and implement new technologies that will enhance the desirability of AAMI products and delivery methods.
- Oversee the process by which products, including standards, are uploaded into the online AAMI Store.
- Coordinate with customer service staff on delivery, inventory, and other fulfillment issues.
- Coordinate all sales functions related to the AAMI Store, including conducting regular quality control reviews of the user experience, identifying and helping resolve AAMI Store problems, and developing long-term solutions to improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and coordinate special AAMI marketing projects, such as the Resource Catalog, marketing brochures, membership advertisements, special publications, and the AAMI calendar.
- Maintain all of AAMI’s logos copyrights (AAMI, AAMI University, etc.) and work with vendors to monitor the web for copyright infringement.
- Cultivate relationships with other organizations to develop cross-promotional opportunities and beneficial partnerships.
- Plan and manage logistics for the AAMI Bookstore at the Annual Conference & Expo. Staff the bookstore, sell AAMI products, and serve as the face of the organization.
- Develop and track analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing techniques.
- Prepare the budget for approval by the VP of communications and marketing, and monitor it throughout the year to ensure we are on target for meeting revenue goals.
Qualifications of the Director of Marketing
- BA/BS degree; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years leading and implementing marketing, with a focus on product, event, content marketing, and sales.
- Experience in a healthcare setting, knowledge of healthcare technology, or association experience is desirable, as is familiarity with standards development organizations.
Attributes of the Director of Marketing
- Team builder. Your commitment to working as a team player contributes to a positive team spirit and motivates others to action. You build strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communicator. Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills. Ability to develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Results-driven. You smoothly manage through ambiguity and are able to easily shift gears, reprioritize, and stay focused on outcomes. You consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Organized. You excel at juggling priorities, allocating and optimizing resources, managing timelines, and meeting deadlines.
- Quality-focused. You understand that accurate, clear, creative, and engaging messaging is essential to successful marketing in any form. You take a hands-on role in quality control and editorial reviews.
What’s Attractive to the Right Director of Marketing Candidate?
- You will like who you work with – a supportive, respectful, collegial team of passionate and committed colleagues. Your work will be appreciated and you will be joining a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
- You will have the support of a stable organization with resources. AAMI was founded almost 50 years ago and has a solid reputation throughout the national and international healthcare technology community.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; 401(k); education reimbursement; 10 paid holidays; 3 weeks of vacation the first year; and more.
- AAMI offers a unique and generous incentive/bonus program whereby a staff member can earn a percentage of his or her salary each year by meeting specific annual goals above and beyond routine job responsibilities.
To Apply for the Director of Marketing position with AAMI:
Use the “Apply” button on this page, or email your resume to Aileen Hedden at resumes@StaffingAdvisors.com, with “AAMI – Director of Marketing / 2018-2299 SA” in the subject line.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Alternative titles: Marketing Director, Senior Manager of Marketing, Director of Marketing and Communications, Director of Product Marketing