Business Development Associate – Production Solutions
The Business Development Associate produces value-added services, consultation, and support for our clients and prospects to: improve results or their bottom line and/or enhance the company’s value proposition with the goal(s) to retain, sustain, and/or grow our market share for each account.
Production Solutions is the industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We are unique in what we do and possess a vast knowledge of direct mail fundraising programs and subscription development programs. During 25 years of serving the nonprofit and commercial sectors, we have refined a production management model that is an industry standard. We have a highly experienced staff, a loyal supplier base, and an incredible depth of knowledge in mailing formats, service techniques, and cost management/savings. At Production Solutions, we’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved and we’re even more excited about our future.
Essential Responsibilities of the Business Development Associate
- Proactive and strategic client interaction with maximum client engagement by anticipating client needs, providing tactical and technical solutions, communicating value propositions, project updates, industry alerts, articles of interest, and/or professional observations.
- Proactively Support Business Development and Production teams on assigned clients through: research requests, trends and/or cost saving format ideas, non-live package bid requests, and contract execution and proposal responses.
- Create and customize presentations. Attend and facilitate presentations to include presenting innovative solutions and selling enhanced or new services to clients or Up-sell through exceeding expectations for projects outside of promised scope of work, test ideas, package innovation, and multi-channel marketing and integrated services.
- Schedule regular visits with clients to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktail hours, and/or client events/functions. Maximize opportunities to solidify client Check in with clients via telephone and email on a consistent basis for continued engagement opportunities.
- Maintain and recap client meetings with account management team for each assigned client; discuss process improvements, client strategy, risks/issues, milestones, current/projected costs, change orders, and client assessment of campaign management by PS production staff.
- Attend industry events to network and engage with clients. Identify opportunities at these events that translate into quantifiable revenue for the Company.
Qualifications of the Business Development Associate
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (business, marketing, communications, graphic arts, print production management); minimum 6-8 years of prior client-based experience in direct mail or marketing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in client relationship management, project management, strategy, marketing, or sales/upselling.
- Superior customer/client service skills with focus on tact, diplomacy and rapport building.
- Strong attention to detail with superior organizational skills.
- Exhibit strong people skills through face-to-face, written, and verbal communications; able to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Excellent project planning and problem solving skills; ability to set milestones and administer action plan.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences internally and externally.
- Effective interpersonal skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to excel under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge in printing methods, data processing, personalization, mail shop operations and equipment.
- Working knowledge with USPS regulations for direct mail products and service.
Attributes of the Business Development Associate
- Collaborative work-style. This position requires a flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others. You have a proven track record of getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships, both with outside clients and internal staff.
- Excellent communicator. You communicate just as clearly in copy as you do in person – you are concise, accurate, and effective. You have excellent oral, written, and editing skills.
- Inquisitive and willing to take initiative. You like learning new things and like to collect and share information. You also don’t wait for things to happen – you initiate action and make things happen.
- Strong project management skills. You have proven project management and organizational skills and are able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at a time. You know that important campaigns have deadlines that need to be met, and you are able to prioritize your work to make it happen.
- Mission driven. You understand the big picture and can easily translate our objectives into social impact.
- Flexible. You adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Politically astute. In this position, you have many stakeholders with varying goals and needs. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges and constraints each faces.
- Priority management. You switch from long range needs to preparing for scheduled enhancements with ease. You really “get” what is a priority and can independently manage tight deadlines to completion.
What’s Attractive to the Right Business Development Associate Candidate?
- A vibrant and rewarding work environment with a financially strong and growing organization.
- You will be mentored by top-level individuals who will value your opinion and collaborate on strategic decisions.
- You will be a part of an entrepreneurial team and afforded autonomy.
- This is a perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, deadline-driven, optimistic, and flexible individual.
- You’ll work at a great location in Tysons Corner, close to the Tysons Corner Center shopping mall.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work may require lifting and delivering packages, boxes and supplies on an intermittent basis, weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Work requires correctable vision, ability to identify and distinguish PMS colors, depth perception, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate computer terminal, telephone and office equipment for long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Mental activities involve concentrated and extremely demanding attention.
- Ability to hear and speak English language clearly and concisely for heavy telephone contact.
- Involves frequent contact with staff, clients, suppliers, and the public.
- Work involves frequent change in activities and priorities.
- Occasional overtime and weekend work as needed to properly manage projects and workload.
- Must be available for corporate travel and offsite meetings to client locations, print companies, meals, events, etc. (may involve travel to other states within the continental United States).
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, a day off for your birthday, cell phone reimbursement $50 / month, optional flex-spending account, 401K, and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
To Apply for the Business Development Associate position with Production Solutions:
Simply email your resume to email@example.com with “PS – Business Development Associate / 12-2017” in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates, Production Solutions and PS Digital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.