Compensation Analyst ( part-time, work from home, remote )
In this part-time Compensation Analyst role, you will work from home supporting clients nationwide. You will enjoy the mentorship of recognized experts in organization design and compensation practices. Using our library of published surveys, you will conduct research, perform compensation market analyses, and generate reports. Your sound attention to detail, discipline to work autonomously, and ability to think critically will be key to your success in this position.
Keating Advisors, a strategic human resources firm, develops customized, data-driven compensation plans for organizations to attract and retain talent, creates roadmaps for career development, and develops cost-effective approaches for motivating and recognizing staff. Our clients include a variety of industries including higher education, not-for-profit, technology, professional services, healthcare, and other industries. Using a balance of quantitative analysis and qualitative assessment, we are transforming the way our clients think about compensation.
As our Compensation Analyst, you will work on an as-needed basis on projects within well-defined procedures and guidelines. We anticipate that your hours may fluctuate between 15-25 hours per week. You will have the flexibility to control your day, deciding when and where you work, as long as you meet deadlines. We have the tools in place to allow you to be productive, including project management software.
Responsibilities of the Compensation Analyst
- Conduct benchmarking projects to ensure market competitiveness for client compensation programs. Perform benchmark job matching across multiple survey sources.
- Compile published survey data into comprehensive market pricing analyses to recommend salary grades based upon compensation guidelines and policies.
- Provide research and analysis support for client-based projects. This may include assisting with assessment of current compensation levels relative to the external market, compiling detailed reports, and/or recommending changes to client salary framework.
- Develop professionally-designed client deliverables in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Conduct benchmarking projects to ensure market competitiveness for client compensation programs. Perform benchmark job matching across multiple survey sources. Assist with the coordination and maintenance of client data, market pricing, and published salary survey files and related systems.
- Plan, research, and provide analysis to propose salary matrix and merit increases.
- Review and determine competitiveness of client organizations’ benefit practices by benchmarking and researching industry and employment trends.
- Monitor external labor market and compensation trends; develop reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Maintain salary structures for proper grade placement of profiles and evaluate ranges for market adjustments.
- Conduct job evaluations, including developing and analyzing job descriptions and determining appropriate grading.
Qualifications of the Compensation Analyst
- 3-5 years of human resources experience specialized in compensation. Experience with compensation administration and program execution in multiple organizations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification, or similar, is preferred. Master’s degree in human resources, organizational sciences, or similar field is a bonus.
- Experience with MarketPay.
- Strong working knowledge of all areas of compensation (including job evaluation methodologies, market pricing, compa-ratio calculation, and salary structure development).
- Sound research skills. Proven ability to mine databases and published surveys, analyze reports, and discern discrepancies in datasets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive human resources issues and projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven ability to work productively in a self-directed environment. A relentless drive for efficiency will be critical as you independently manage a high volume work flow.
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment. Project management experience is a plus.
Attributes of the Compensation Analyst
- Autonomous. You are self-motivated and work well independently. You know when to seek input and you are thoughtful about your daily and weekly priorities. You do not require the structure that an office environment provides.
- Precise. You give meticulous attention to every detail. You get it right the first time.
- Problem solver. You have excellent critical thinking skills. You enjoy diving into the details, analyzing the data, and troubleshooting discrepancies. You know what questions to ask and when.
- Productive. You thrive on defined processes with little ambiguity. There is nothing more satisfying to you than hammering out the work and crossing items off a list.
- Communicative. Your communication is clear and respectful. You listen to what is being said, share information when appropriate, and welcome feedback.
- Organized. You have the ability to prioritize and schedule work assignments so everything gets done on time. You never miss a deadline.
- Tech savvy. You are comfortable with technology, and what you don’t know, you can easily learn.
What’s Attractive to the Right Compensation Analyst Candidate?
- Your work matters here. You are not a small cog in a large HR department, but rather a critical part of our small team. Your colleagues are bright, driven, and talented individuals who will respect and support your contributions.
- You will have room to grow. We are willing to mentor and train you as you progress in your career. As you are ready, you may choose to take on additional responsibilities such as client-facing or project management roles.
- There is no commute or dress code – work from any location you choose. We will support your technology needs.
- You can schedule your work on your own terms. You will have the support you need, but we won’t micromanage. We will trust you to do your job well.
- This is interesting and important work. You can be proud of the work we do to help our clients create high-performing workplaces based on fair compensation practices.
To Apply for the Compensation Analyst position with Keating Advisors:
You can apply online or simply email your resume to Ellen Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Keating Advisors – Analyst / 2017-2291 SA ” in the subject line of the email.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including: a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
We welcome candidates from backgrounds including (but not limited to): Consulting, Human Resources, Compensation Administration, CCP.