Vice President of Health Technology Management - AAMI
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) has long been the membership and preeminent standards development organization for healthcare technology and the primary source of consensus standards for the medical device industry. Our members focus on how healthcare technology can enhance the patient experience. This newly created role and highly visible position as the VP of Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) will make a significant impact on the future of the HTM profession.
The AAMI community is global and diverse, working in hospitals, medical device companies, academia, accrediting bodies, and government agencies around the world. AAMI provides a unique forum for everyone with an interest in patient safety and healthcare technology, including government regulators, clinical and biomedical engineers and technicians, physicians, nurses, hospital administrators, educators, scientists, manufacturers, and distributors.
As the Vice President of HTM, you will lead the development and implementation of AAMI’s strategic goal — to advance professionalization and create more pathways for entry into the HTM field for Millennials and mid-career professionals. In this highly visible role, you will drive AAMI’s role as a leader and voice representing the interests and needs of HTM professionals nationwide and internationally within the context of AAMI’s mission and vision. You will be responsible for setting and communicating the vision of the field and expanding the size, scope, and diversity of HTM professionals within AAMI’s membership.
Leadership will rely on you to increase educational offerings, career resources, and other benefits and products to support HTM professionals. As a member of the AAMI management team, you will develop and leverage partnerships with HTM associations, healthcare delivery organizations, independent service organizations, industry, government agencies, and other stakeholders to raise awareness of and elevate the HTM profession, as well as expand its scope.
Responsibilities of the Vice President of Health Technology Management
- Maintain open channels of communication with the HTM membership, listening to their ideas and concerns, and using their input to develop a strategic vision of AAMI’s role in advancing the field.
- Communicate the vision in a way that sets the direction of the HTM program to prepare HTM professionals for the continuous changes in healthcare delivery.
- Develop and lead implementation of AAMI’s strategic goals and objectives related to HTM.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan that includes strategies and activities to promote and grow the HTM program (for example, leadership training, a fellowship program, “bright ideas” contest, HTM Week, Annual Conference & Expo programming.)
- Assist in growing the size and diversity of AAMI’s HTM membership base.
- Devise strategies to increase the engagement of AAMI’s HTM membership base in AAMI activities, such as volunteer committees, education and training programs, and events.
- Work with the HTM standards director to identify and grow the body of HTM-related standards.
- Plan and help execute a national public relations campaign to promote, strengthen, and grow the field and increase the number of people entering the HTM field, effectively appealing to younger generations as well as career changers.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with—and serve as the primary point of contact for—HTM associations, healthcare delivery organizations, independent service organizations, industry, government agencies, and others.
- Speak at HTM associations and other groups around the country promoting the value of HTM, discussing specific topics, and how AAMI can complement their efforts.
- Serve as a main point of contact within AAMI to ensure that other AAMI programs are aligned with and executing in coordination with the vision of the HTM program.
- Work collaboratively with AAMI’s Membership, Education, and Innovation Departments to develop for-sale and complementary educational offerings, career resources, and other benefits and products that would appeal to HTM professionals and the organizations that employ them.
- Ensure coordination of HTM related programs, projects, meetings, and activities with the annual conference, AAMI’s Technology Management Council and Healthcare Technology Leadership Council, other departments, the website, and AAMI Connect, etc.
- Serve as the main point of contact for AAMI efforts on HTM-oriented benchmarking programs.
Qualifications of the Vice President of Health Technology Management
- Bachelor’s degree required, in a health technology related field desirable.
- Minimum of five years in a management position in the health technology field required.
- Experience marketing new products and initiatives.
- Success in establishing new businesses and products would be beneficial.
- Solid public speaking skills to motivate and educate HTM professionals and others about the HTM profession.
- Ability to travel 25-50%, depending on your location. This position does not require you to be living in the DC Metro area; however, you will be required to be onsite at AAMI’s offices frequently in addition to regular travel.
Attributes of the Vice President of Health Technology Management
- Entrepreneurial. Our HTM program has huge growth potential and we need a business-savvy/growth-minded person to see it through to fruition.
- Driven. You love a challenge and you will dive in headfirst to tackle it.
- Supreme relationship builder. You have a proven track record of getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships. You are self-confident and assertive, approachable and responsive. You listen to and respect the views of others.
- Passionate. You are excited about professional development and understand the impact it can have on individuals’ personal and professional lives.
- Project manager. You are exceptionally skilled at keeping the trains running on time. You are able to juggle multiple projects and tasks, allocate and optimize resources, reduce risks, manage timelines, and get the work done.
- Creative. You understand the big picture and seize opportunities as they arise. You are intellectually curious and a strong consensus builder; you consistently identify new ways to make things better.
What’s Attractive to the Right Vice President of Health Technology Management Candidate?
- You will like who you work with – a supportive, respectful, collegial team of passionate and committed colleagues. Your work will be appreciated and you will be joining a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
- You will have the support of a stable organization with resources. AAMI was founded 50 years ago and has a solid reputation throughout the national and international healthcare technology community.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; 401(k); education reimbursement; 10 paid holidays; and more.
To Apply for the Vice President of Health Technology Management position with AAMI:
Use the "Apply" button on the page or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at firstname.lastname@example.org with “AAMI – VP of HTM / 2017-2289 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Healthcare technology, Assistant VP, Assistant Vice President of Health Technology.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.