Associate Director of Certification - SIA
In this highly visible position as Associate Director of Certification, you will manage and grow the Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM) certification program at the Security Industry Association (SIA). As the concern and complexity of security threats continue to intensify, security leaders are continuously working towards new and innovative solutions to stay vigilant and enhance safety. With no direct competitors for this type of certification, a physical security market worth $112.43 billion by 2021, and a current membership of 400,000 security professionals, building awareness and interest in the CSPM certification will be a large focus in this role.
At SIA, our members are making the future more productive, more secure, and more sustainable by constructing intelligent buildings and providing electronic and physical security, video surveillance, fire detection, and much more to hospitals, stadiums, universities, government buildings, transportation, retail, etc. With the intersection of technology and physical security, organizations like Facebook and Apple are also hiring security professionals. Government contracts and construction firms are trending toward requiring a CSPM for their projects. CSPM certificants have greater opportunities for career advancement than their non-certified peers. In a recent survey to current CSPM certificants, 41 percent said they earned CSPM because their employer required it and 39 percent said they received a raise after earning CSPM.
You will report to and work closely with the director of education and training and have the full support of the CEO and marketing to identify and cultivate relationships with the education and training leaders in global security organizations and other industries (e.g., system integrators, architecture, engineering) to promote and market the certification program. You will also strategize on how to reach security professionals who would benefit from being certified. In addition to building and growing the certification program, you will manage and oversee test development and maintence, the ISO/ANSI certification standards, and routine certification processes.
SIA is an international trade association representing more than 750 global security businesses which are leaders in developing solutions to protect people, residential and enterprise settings, and critical infrastructure around the world. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a financially strong trade association where there is potential for professional growth. We have a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Certification
- Assume complete ownership of the CSPM certification program, promoting and expanding awareness of the certification to various stakeholder groups.
- Work with marketing to actively increase advertising campaigns for certification programs and perform outreach to the community.
- Develop a strategy for key accounts management for purposes of promoting and selling the CSPM certification program.
- Answer certification inquiries and act as the main point of contact for all customer service related issues. Maintain daily activities of the certification program including communications with potential candidates, candidates, and certified individuals.
- Maintain certification records and respond to certification verification requests. Manage the upkeep of the certification database.
- Ensure compliance with all maintenance and recertification requirements. Support online community for certificants. Work closely with the Marketing Department to implement marketing and sales plans for the certification program.
- Ensure the required number of certificants are audited annually and approved in a timely fashion.
- Assess program strengths and weaknesses and create an action plan to address deficiencies. Review current documentation for consistency, making changes to the certificant experience process as appropriate.
- Create policies and procedures to comport to anticipated accreditation by ANSI.
- Oversee processing of all fees associated with certification / recertification
- Work closely with the education department staff to share information regarding designations and certification.
- Coordinate the recertification process and implement the reinstatement process, including marketing to lapsed members.
Test Development and Maintenance
- Support the certification committee and certification vendor on the development of testing policies, procedures and guidelines, Job Task Analysis updates, and item writing/banking for the certification
- Coordinate the testing process with our examination provider.
- Liaise with certification committee members for the development of item writing activities.
Qualifications of the Associate Director of Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in the certification profession, either at a stand-alone certification board or in the certification department of a member or trade association.
- Strong marketing skills with the ability to execute from concept through delivery.
- Ability to travel to industry-related events.
- Financial acumen required to monitor and analyze budgets.
Attributes of the Associate Director of Certification
- Entrepreneurial. Our certification program has huge growth potential and we need a business-savvy/growth-minded person to see it through to fruition.
- Driven. You love a challenge and you will dive in headfirst to tackle it.
- Supreme relationship builder. You have a proven track record of getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships. You are self-confident and assertive, approachable and responsive. You listen to and respect the views of others.
- Passionate. You are excited about professional development and understand the impact it can have on individuals’ personal and professional lives.
- Project manager. You are exceptionally skilled at keeping the trains running on time. You are able to juggle multiple projects and tasks, allocate and optimize resources, reduce risks, manage timelines, and get the work done.
- Creative. You understand the big picture and seize opportunities as they arise. You are intellectually curious and a strong consensus builder; you consistently identify new ways to make things better.
What’s Attractive to the Right Associate Director of Certification Candidate?
- This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a financially strong trade association where there is potential for professional growth.
- This is an exciting time to join the organization and make your mark. SIA has a collaborative, high-growth culture where innovation and ideas are welcomed.
- You will have work life balance. SIA offers a flexible work schedule, including a two-day- a-week telework option.
- We offer an excellent compensation package including generous health and dental insurance, flex spending account; life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; 401(k) that matches up to 6 percent match; free parking; transit allowance; paid holidays; 20 days of vacation; 5 sick days; 12 weeks paid parental leave; and flexible work schedules. You have the flexibility to work from home up to two days per week.
To Apply for the Associate Director of Certification position with SIA:
Use the "Apply" button on this page, or simply email your resume to Aileen Hedden at firstname.lastname@example.org with “SIA – Associate Director of Certification / 2017-2267 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Certification Manager, Professional Development Manager, Manager of Certification, Senior Manager of Certification.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.