Membership and Database Manager - SCAI
Located in Washington, D.C. The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) is the leading voice for interventional cardiology. SCAI is a 4,300-member professional organization representing invasive and interventional cardiologists in approximately 70 countries. SCAI's mission is to promote excellence in invasive/interventional cardiovascular medicine through physician and allied health professional education and representation, and advancement of quality standards to enhance patient care.
As our Membership and Database Manager, you will play a crucial part in helping us grow our membership. You will have interaction with current members, including physicians and healthcare professionals, as well as prospective members. Reporting to the vice president, marketing, membership, communications, and public relations, you will work closely with our membership and marketing teams and will have firsthand knowledge of what is new and exciting at SCAI. Your ability to understand data and provide analysis and recommendations will be valued and vital to our marketing efforts.
We want you to take ownership of our database, be the go-to information expert, and ensure that information is accurate and up to date. You will put processes into place so that reports can be run routinely and information provided to members with little effort. As we migrate to a new AMS, you will be part of the selection and implementation process.
This is a mission critical role which will help us meet and exceed our goals for growth. The right person for this job is a highly detail-oriented team player who enjoys analyzing data and applying best practices to recruit and retain members.
Responsibilities of the Membership and Database Manager
- Manage the SCAI membership and prospect database; input, process, and track all membership applications and renewal activities.
- Manage the credentials process, FSCAI applications, and MSCAI nominations in collaboration with the credentials committee.
- Initiate new tactics and best practices to identify, recruit, and retain prospective members.
- Administer an annual membership survey (and possibly others throughout the year), presenting a summary of findings to staff and leadership as requested.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Credentials Committee, Membership Committee, and Fellows-In Training program.
- Provide monthly and yearly statistical reports and ad-hoc reports to leadership and staff.
- Coordinate and manage the annual new member induction ceremony.
- Manage all logistics for and represent SCAI exhibiting at national medical meetings for membership recruitment.
- Identify and track a list of interventional cardiology training program directors and communicate with them to recruit fellows and to market SCAI programs and services for Fellows-In-Training. Coordinate data into marketing opportunity.
- Cultivate and collaborate with volunteers serving as SCAI ambassadors to recruit prospective members.
- Ensure the integrity of SCAI’s membership data coordinating a regular cycle of membership profile updates and accuracy checks.
- Export membership lists, data, and reports in various forms for mailing list broker, journal publisher, sponsors, staff, etc.
- Manage mailing list acquisition and data comparisons.
- Import data from SCAI event registrations and events.
- Supervise temps or interns supporting data entry projects or mailings.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for SCAI membership activities.
- Work with the finance department to ensure accuracy of membership data and financial reporting.
- Identify, develop, and promote programs and products, in collaboration with marketing staff, to attract and retain members.
- Establish annual goals and metrics to evaluate membership acquisition and engagement.
- Travel as required (light).
Qualifications of the Membership and Database Manager
- Prior success in membership growth and retention in a nonprofit organization.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing membership services and database management for a medical society or nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience using membership database software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills; exemplary telephone manners.
- Demonstrated experience with database systems and MS Office products (Word, Excel); demonstrated ability to learn new software tools.
- Experience working with healthcare professionals or physicians preferred.
Attributes of the Membership and Database Manager
- Service driven. You set the standard for meeting and exceeding expectations. You are responsive and committed. You are clear, tactful, and diplomatic about what’s realistic and what’s possible.
- Detail oriented. Even though you are detail oriented, you can also see the big picture and understand how the details relate to the overall mission of the organization.
- Organizational skills. Your attention to detail is supported by your organizational skills. You appreciate order and know how to achieve it efficiently.
- Team player. You work as an integral part of a team that works and wins together. You are articulate, persuasive, and willing to listen to and respect the views of others. You confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations. You collaborate on projects and communicate results.
- Ownership. You succeed in a team environment, work well independently, and carry your weight, learning from others and contributing in equal measure.
- Strong initiative and judgment. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach. You are sensitive to the challenges, goals, and varying needs of all stakeholders.
- Resourceful and great follow-through. Whether it’s something that requires a quick turn-around or a long-term project with many steps, you take full responsibility from start to finish. When you say you’ll get back with someone, you do.
- Flexible and capable. You manage changing priorities without difficulty and get the job done. You do whatever it takes.
- Confident and pleasant. You understand that everyone is a “customer” and should have a “Ritz Carlton” service experience when contacting the development office.
What’s Attractive to the Right Membership and Database Manager Candidate?
- What you bring to the table is vital to our ongoing success.
- SCAI is an exciting, growing, and busy organization and this position will be an excellent springboard for your career.
- SCAI is financially strong ($8.5 million annual budget) with a new executive director in place (an executive with a track record that includes a successful startup and three turn-around organizations).
- SCAI’s staff are smart, collaborative, energetic, hard-working people who are committed to their work and delivering a solid work product.
- You will get to work with a committed and caring volunteer base of cardiologists who want to make high-quality education happen and who enjoy getting into the details.
- We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.
To Apply for the Membership and Database Manager position with SCAI:
Use the “Apply” button on this page, or email your resume to Gina Schurman at email@example.com with “SCAI – Membership Manager / 2017-2258 SA” as the subject of the email.
Alternative Titles: Membership Development Manager, Member Services Associate, Manager, Member Relations, Membership Services Coordinator, Member Strategy Lead, Manager of Member Programs, Manager of Meetings and Member Services, Manager of Member Engagement, Manager of Membership, Manager of Member Recruitment, Membership and Affiliate Relations Manager.
Staffing Advisors is committed to helping our clients create a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.